Chapter 29

Percy POV

I landed in front of the black haired girl who paused and stepped back a bit. When she realized who I was she frowned and started to transform.

"Woah now. Not here to fight. I just wanna talk." I said. She didn't listen and completely transformed. Her hair became white, her skin turned blue with goldish yellow marks and she now wore a skimpy set of armor. "Ok, whats up with the armor? Why is it so stripper like?" I asked. Naturally she didn't answer and attacked me. I easily stepped away from her first swing and ducked under another. "Can you stop it?" She didn't stop. I sighed and caught her wrist. She tried stabbing me in the chest, but obviously it did nothing. "There, ya got me now can you stop it and listen? This is pretty serious." I said. She looked at my chest in shock then to my face.

"Yea, you're blade did nothing. Now I have a few questions. Answer them and you'll live, don't answer and what currently might be a misunderstanding will turn into an actual misunderstanding cause I'll have to kill you. Possibly for no reason. I don't like doing that. Do you like being killed for no reason?" I asked and she shook her head. "Good, good. Now let's talk like civil people." She removed her blade from my chest and shifted back into her human appearance. "Thank you. Now, let's walk and talk. It'll be weird if we just stood here." She nodded again and followed behind me.

"Now, you're friend up there. Masane. What is she? She's not a devil. That's for sure, but she has the power of one." I asked. "She's not a devil. She's the host of the Witchblade. A demonic entity that chooses its host. It chose her and she now uses the power to help people." Asagi said. "Hmm. Why would someone want her dead then?" He asked himself. "Someone? Is it an old man Named Masaya?" Percy nodded. "Figures. He's hated her for a long while now. You're an assassin?" Percy nodded. "In a way. I hunt and kill demons that threaten the human race." Percy said. "A demon hunting demons?" Asagi asked. "I have a score to settle with demons. Let's leave it at that." Percy said.

"Respectable. So, now we know you were hired in false information. Will you be leaving?" He nodded. "After I speak to Masane and Masaya. Tell your leader or whatever to meet me in the park where we fought tomorrow ." Percy said and suddenly disappeared. Asagi looked around, trying to figure out where exactly he went, but had no such luck. She frowned before going back to the apartment complex.

TimeSkip
Third POV

Percy sat in the park, drinking a nice cup of hot tea. Trish sat next to him enjoying a coffee from Starbucks. They had been there for a bit ten minutes before Masane showed up. It looked like she was alone, but Percy could sense two clone blades with her.

"You wanted to talk?" She asked. "I did." Percy stood up. "I'm guessing you and Masaya have one of those superhero-rich influencer villain dynamics." Masane chuckled. "Yea, that's definitely us." She nodded. "Heh, in that case sorry for attacking you. I think it's pretty cool you're partnered with a demon." She raised an eyebrow. "Really?" Percy nodded. "I met someone like you a few years ago. Guy was kinda twisted, but his heart was always in the right place. Gonna have to give him a call." Percy mumbled the last bit too himself, but Masane heard him.

"Anyway, I have a proposition." Masane raised an eyebrow. "As I'm sure you've been told, I'm a demon hunter. I get paid for doing something I'm most likely gonna end up doing anyway." Masane nodded. "I know." She said. "Well, I've been thinking about branching out a bit. How would you like to be the official Japanese branch of Devil May Cry?" The girl raised an eyebrow. "Really? How much is the pay?" Percy shrugged. "You make your own prices. Unless the demons are after you specifically and aren't bothering anyone else. Then you don't get paid." Masane nodded. "I won't have to deal with annoying customers at retail and I get payed for killing demons. Hah! Where do I sign!?" She asked excitedly.

"I'll send you the paperwork and your own personal sign along with a check to buy your own shop." Percy said. "Nice!" Masane exclaimed. Percy chuckled. "Now, there's just the Masaya to deal with." He said. "Don't worry. I'll handle him. You can go home." Percy nodded. "Well, I'll be taking my leave then." He said pulling out Yamato and slicing open a portal. "Oh, and if you ever need a step dad for your kid, I'm always free." He said giving her a wink and walking through the portal with Trish behind him. Masane blinked. "Did he really just say that?" She asked no one in particular. "He did." One of her clone lads said landing next to her. "Huh. Bold kid."

With Percy in Red Grave

Percy stepped out of the portal and into the common room of his shop. Agnes sat behind the desk with Adrian sitting on it. The two looked back and smiled at Percy.

"Welcome back. How was the trip?" Adrian asked. "Good. Got a new worker for Devil May Cry too." Percy said. "Really?" He nodded. "Gotta Japan branch now." Agnes stood up and let Percy sit in his chair. She sat on the desk while Adrian sat down on his lap. Trish went to the bar in the back and grabbed a bottle of jack. "So, what are you going to do now?" Agnes asked. "Well, I've got multiple things to do. Got send some stuff to Masane, I gotta interview the employees for the Dandy Demon and... actually I think that's it." Percy salad. "Actually I already interviewed them all. I gotta stack that I personally like and a stack that was good, but could've been better." Agnes said pushing each stack in front of him.

"God damn I love you." Percy smiled. Agnes gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I know you do babe." She said. "Where's Nico?" Agnes jabbed a thumb at the wall. "In the bar with Tifa and the others. Probably getting plastered." Percy laughed. "A drunk Texan with a love for weapons. I'd loved to see that." Percy said. "Well, I'm gonna have her make the sign. Until then, can you pass me the phone. I need to make a call."