Chapter 79

Emma: Shut up, you're not funny.

Evan: Just admit that I am the most hilarious guy on this planet and I'll leave you alone.

Emma: fine...

Emma: you're still not funny.

Evan: why won't you love me :(

I bite my lip, hoping that this is his way of being friendly. I need to stop taking things so literally.

Evan is much more open now than he ever was in high school. He seems a lot- happier.

I went a week without a phone. I didn't want to waste money on a new one even though I knew it was essential to have one. But on the 7th day without the comfort only a phone could bring, there was a knock at the door. I opened it to be greeted with an empty hallway- except for a box with a note on top.

Sorry about your phone. -Evan

And in that box was a new phone. It was already set up and everything, to my relief, and I couldn't help but squeal in excitement. I was a little shocked to see Evan's phone number already programmed into it.

So of course I texted him, thanking him for the new phone even though he didn't have to get me one, I was glad.

There are times when I think he has deeper intentions than just a friendly conversation but I push that to the back of my mind and hope that it isn't the case.

I'll never forgive him for what he did to me, but I'll try to understand. Knowing that there was some hidden motive behind his actions soothed my in a way.

Emma: because your jokes are god-awful

I smile to myself as I pull the covers over my exposed shoulder. In a way I feel as if my wish has come true. Evan did take some of my pain away. But nothing-no one could ever fully fix my heart except for...except for him. No one could replace him and I don't expect to get over him any time soon. I wonder if he tried contacting me at all.

Even if he did it would be useless, I have a new number now. But he could have came and see me if he wanted to talk? I wanted to desperately go and see him but he made it clear that he wants nothing to do with me.

Just like that, my happy mood from earlier turns into a sad one.

I roll over in my bed to let out a muffled scream in my pillow.

This isn't what 'moving on' should feel like.

I hear a knock on the room door and I grunt in frustration. I don't feel like interacting with people right now. In fact, I much rather stay in this position all day.

"Come in, the door's unlocked! Unless you're a serial killer! If that's the case I have 9-11 on speed dial!"

I hear the door knob turn followed by a loud sigh.

"Oh god, not you too." A familiar voice rings through the room and I hesitantly lift my head up.

"Jen!"

"Hey, Emma."

I jump out of my bed, clumsily and race across the room. I don't hesitate to pull her in a tight hug. The impact of my hug sends her stumbling back.

"Geez Emma, are you trying to kill me?" She lets out a laugh. I pull away and my eyes widen as I take her in.

"Your-your hair!"

"I know! It was a last minute thing but I actually like it." She runs a hand through her extremely short hair. How the hell can this girl pull off almost every hairstyle? If I tried out short hair I'd look like a cat.