Chapter 66

Emma's POV.

Fine. Okay I dare you to..." he spins around the room, trying to think of something good. He then looks directly at me and smiles a conniving smile.

"I dare you to kiss Emma."

"Hell no." I raise my voice. I stand up and grab Skylar's hand for balance. This party was a bad idea. I should have listened to Josh. I'm such an idiot. I try to speak up to tell them off but everyone seems to be laughing at me. Skylar had a worried look on her face but before she can say anything, I leave the room. I find an empty hallway to sit in and I have no control over the tears that run down my face. I throw the stupid painful heels to the floor and just that little action makes my stomach feel queasy.

"Are you okay?"

"Go away." I don't bother looking up.

"I'm not going to leave you here crying."

"I don't need to be pitied."

"I'm not going to pity you. Trust me." he says. When I look up, I do a double take. It's Josh. Why is he here?

"I'm so sorry! I'm so so so sorry!" I run into his arms.

"Babe why are you sorry?"

"I shouldn't have came to this stupid party. I should have just listened to you and stayed home. I missed you so much." I cry into his chest.

I didn't question why he was here. I didn't even question how he got here so fast. And I really should have.

"You really missed me?"

"Yes of course I did. I love you."

"I love you too. I never stopped."

I don't care that I'm completely out of it right now and that there's alcohol on my breath. I don't care that we're in a hallway and his shirt is drenched with my tears. And I don't care how this seems too good to be true. Because in that moment I kiss him. It's a sweet and long kiss. I love the warmth he brings to me and how he hugs me in a protective gesture.

"What about Josh?" he stops me.

"Huh?" I look at him confused. That's when the whole world comes crashing down on me.

"What are you doing!" I push Evan away from me. I frantically start pacing the room. This is a dream. It has to be a dream.

"What's wrong with me! What did I do! I need to wake up! Please let this be a dream."

"Emma talk to me." he grabs ahold of my shoulders to stop me from shaking.

"I said don't touch me! You just had to go through with that dare didn't you? You know what? I actually thought you changed! I actually thought you changed." and that's when my head starts spinning.

"I-"

"No! You don't get to speak to me. Just leave me alone." I cry.

By this point, a small crowd has gathered around us.

I run out of there as fast as I can, ignoring him calling my name and ignoring the looks I get from people as I pass by. I run as fast as I can out of that stupid house.

(Sorry this is so short the next is longer I promise! I just wanted to update so here you go! You know the drill vote/comment I love youuuuuuu)