Chapter 18

Josh's POV.

"What the hell is going on? Connor what did you do to her!?" Mickey yells stomping into the room.

"Mickey calm down its complicated." is all he says.

"It's 'complicated' huh? You better have a damn good reason why you made my best friend cry. And now she's gone. Do you understand?" Her voice is in a raging fit but I could tell that she's close to crying.

"She left? What do you mean?"

"She ran out of the house! I need go after her."

"Yeah please find her and make sure she's okay." Connor says a tear escaping from his eye.

I stand here the whole time, trying to calm my breathing. Because if I don't I know I'll lose it.

"Whatever. Guys I'm going to look for Emma if any of you wants to join."

"I'll come since its probably my fault for sticking those two together." Evelyn says joining Mickey at the door.

When the door is pulled open, we can hear and see the rain falling down.

"God, I hope she's okay."

They leave. I return my eyes to my brother giving him a stare that makes him cower in fear.

"Connor what did you do to her!" I yell clenching my fists.

"Look Josh-"

"No you look here Connor. You don't treat girls that way especially someone like Emma!"

"You don't know the whole story."

"I'm listening."

"Promise that you won't get mad?" I resist the urge to roll my eyes.

"I'm not promising anything."

"Here goes nothing." he says under his breath.

"Emma came over the day after you came back home. She was dropping something off at our door step but I opened the door catching her by surprise. She wanted to return your wallet... A-and she left a note attached to it. But I lied to you. I 'found' your wallet and kept the note hidden from you these past two months. I thought that Emma was beautiful and I wanted to get to know her. I was sick of having every girl I ever liked, like you and not me. So I took matters into my own hands. The note had her phone number so I took it down. And we started texting. Everyday for the past two months I've been lying to her. Josh,
I-I pretended to be you, so she would like me." he says finishing up.

"So you're saying that you impersonated me?" it makes perfect sense now. The way she hugged me in the store, like we've been buddies for a while.

"You've got to see it from my perspective here-"

"No Connor! How could you do this to me? To her?"

"You know what Josh I'm glad I did it! I'm glad! The past two months have been amazing because of her! We became so close, closer than you two ever would be! And you know what? She said she likes me. Likes me for my personality and not yours!" he screams back becoming red.

"I'm pretty sure you screwed up whatever small chance you had with her! Get over yourself Connor! I don't think you even know how much you've hurt her. You lied to her for two months? How could she ever like someone who is so sick that they have to pretend to be someone they're not? You know what that says about you?" I don't wait for him to reply.

"That you're a coward, self centered, little piece of -"

"Guys!" I turn around looking at a soaking Mickey and Evelyn.