Chapter 9

Josh's POV.

I've had this weird feeling since I woke up. I found myself thinking about Emma... I don't have a clue why but I do know that I need to get my feelings straight. Sure Emma is beautiful, she's stunning really, but I don't know her. And now I have no excuse as to why I should go to her house. I am pretty sure I left my wallet at her house. In fact, I'm almost positive.

Emma's POV.

"Josh's brother?"

"Yeah he was at the door. Thank god it wasn't Josh. I'm pretty sure I would have fainted." Mickey and I were on our way back home and it was already getting dark out.

"You left your phone number on the note though right?" Mickey asks.

"Yeah I did just in case.. I don't know if he wanted to thank me or something..." I trail off realizing that we are no where near my house.

"Mickey... Where are we?"

"Come on, Em. You didn't possibly think that we would go back to your house when we're dressed like this." she says gesturing to our outfits.

"But I'm really tired I don't feel like doing anything anymore I just want to go home and sleep." I say pleadingly.

"What's with you and sleep? You sleep way to much. You need to learn how to hang loose and have some fun once in a while!"

We turn into a parking structure and all I hear is the sound of music blaring. Great, a club. I never liked clubs. I guess I'm not the type who likes to hang around drunk people who have no clue what they're doing. The last time I went to a club was with Evan. And let me tell you, that did not end well for either of us.

"No no no absolutely not. I am not going clubbing dressed like this. I'm basically wearing nothing!" I say sternly.

"Emma, you need to get out of your head. Stop over thinking and just go with the flow. Okay? I know you've been through a lot with the whole Josh thing and your break up with Evan.." I flinch at the mention of his name.

That's another one of my tragic flaws. I over think everything. It gets so bad that I always end up staying home, in my bed why I could be going out and being a normal teenager.

"Fine, I'll go. But I'm not drinking... And promise me that you won't drink too much?"

"Yes! I promise thank you Emma! Let's go turn it up!" I roll my eyes at her choice of words as she drags me out of the car.

This should be interesting.

Mickey's POV.

I am so glad we avoided going back to Emma's house. I don't think I would be able to handle seeing Elijah so soon. The club has a short line, luckily for us. Emma and I 'acquired' fake ID's awhile ago because I insisted. But I can tell, every time we hand over our cards, she tenses up. I have great connections so these cards are as real as they get. Five minutes later we walk into the club and the music is almost ear piercing. Just my type of atmosphere! People are dancing with no care in the world, having the time of their lives.

They're a bunch of hot guys here too. It shouldn't be hard to have some fun tonight. And they wonder why I come to clubs so often. I search the room for the bar, ah there it is. The bar is lit up with christmas lights and is basically calling my name. I look over to Emma and she seems afraid, almost out of place. My job tonight is to loosen her up. Get her to enjoy herself for once in her life.

"Emma! Let's head over to the bar!" I say tugging on her arm.

"Mickey no drinking tonight!" she yells over the blaring music.