Chapter 42

Emma's POV.

"Nope nope nope nope." I refuse.

"Come on you've got to talk to him eventually." Mickey tries to persuade me.

"Maybe but not now."

"Don't you want to know what happened last night?" Connor asks.

"I couldn't care less."

The truth is, I've been dying to know what happened. Did he dump her? Or did she somehow convince him that I'm the bad guy? I'm still really mad at how he was blaming things on me. We were friends a few days ago what happened? What did I ever do to him?

"Pleeeeaassseeee." they beg.

"Hey I'm not holding you guys back. By all means go if you want to. I just want to sit here and watch Spongebob if you don't mind." I recline the sofa so I have a perfect view of the show. We were currently in the living room, bored. But Spongebob always cheers me up. Because it makes me laugh at every single thing.

"Ugh fine we won't go." he says.

I turn myself back to the episode.

Hey Patrick.. I know something funnier than 24!

Yeah???

....25!

"Oh my god." I say in between breaths.

"I love this episode!" Mickey laughs.

"Me too!" I say smiling.

"What's so funny?"

My smile immediately drops. I turn around to see that its Josh. Great. And he's smiling too. His perfect smile which I'm trying not to notice because I'm suppose to be mad at him.

"Nothing you'd care about." I say dropping my gaze.

"Be nice." Mickey whispers.

"Uhuh." I quickly dismiss her returning my attention to the t.v. Josh sits beside Connor, thankfully not next to me.

Everyone seems to be watching Spongebob but you could feel the tension all around us. The moment I dare to look at Josh, I find him already staring at me. We make eye contact for a second before we both turn away. A blush rises to my cheeks. Darn my genetics. Someone needs to say something already before I explode.

"So umm Josh. What exactly did happen last night?" Mickey finally asks.

"We broke up. Chloe is gone." he looks at me with a smile.

My ears immediately perk up. But I keep a neutral look on my face.

"Thank God." Connor exhales.

All three of them stare at me. I return their looks with a blank expression.

"What?" I ask.

"Em, can I see you for a second?" Mickey asks. I nod and she grabs my hand and leads me out the room.

Josh's POV.

"Why did you break up with her?" Connor asks me.

"Because I couldn't stand her insulting Emma." I say.

"It was the right thing to do."

I guess now is the perfect time to ask.

"Connor, are you and Emma... you know.." I begin.

"Oh, actually no. We're just friends now." he says.

"Are you sure? Are you alright?" I ask.

"Yeah! I'm just glad we're friends. It wasn't going to work anyway. Why do you ask?"

I let out a huge sigh of relief.

She's single.

"Connor," I begin. "I like her a lot. I'm a horrible brother but you have to know that I never felt like this with anyone before. She just..." I try to think of words to describe what Emma does to me but end up blank. "I don't even know exactly. She's so different, so intriguing. I want to know her but I don't want to without your permission."

I study his face for his reaction. He's so hard to read, and I swear, I swear I see a little bit of disappointment in his expression.

"By all means go ahead," I practically explode from pure bliss. "But I don't think now is the right time. Seeing as she is kind of not talking to you and all."

"I know. I guess you're right. Thanks brother."

I feel happy. Happy that I actually have a chance with her. However small that chance may be.

"How am I suppose to apologize to her?" I ask.

"I have no clue. Looks like you're on your own buddy." Connor says while patting my shoulder.

Mickey's POV.

"Dude what's wrong with you! Why aren't you happy about this?!"

"I'm not happy about it. I'm just glad they broke up." Emma says.

"You're really mad aren't you?" I ask.

"Uhuh. And its not even the fact that he was dating someone like her. It's the fact that he's been rude to me ever since we've got here. I'm telling you we should just leave before things get worse." she sighs.

"Fine if you insist." I hesitantly agree.

In the distance I hear the closing of a door, followed by loud talking. I give Emma a questioning look and she shrugs her shoulders. We make our way back to the living room. I stop dead in my tracks. There's four people here. Four? Josh, Connor, and two adults?

"Emma, Mickey, meet our parents." Connor says nervously.