Chapter 33

Emma's POV.

"Ouch! That hurts!" I whine.

Mickey was currently fixing my hair and pulling it from all angles.

"Calm down I'm almost done!" she uses a few more bobby pins to secure my hair in a bun.

"There! Wow it's perfect." she admires her work.

"Let me see!" I spin around in my chair and look at myself in the mirror. Wow. I don't look recognizable. She put on light makeup and pink blush. Very settle. My hair is perfect. It brings the whole outfit together nicely. I turn around and give Mickey a big hug.

"Thank you."

"Don't worry about it." she says smiling. She's still wearing her normal clothes. The plan is for her to leave to go home and change so my parents won't see Eli and her together.

"You need to go change we have 20 minutes!" luckily her hair and makeup were already done.

"I know I know. See you later!" and with that she runs out the room.

I'm actually doing this. Going on a date for the first time in a while. I'm nervous, but at the same time I'm not. Connor is a great guy. A great friend. I like him a lot. In what way, I don't know. I wonder what Josh thinks about this whole thing.

Why am I worried about what Josh thinks? Tonight is about Connor. Just Connor.

I walk over to my full length mirror and take in my outfit. Alright I'm in love with this dress. It's perfect. I check the time. It's 6:48pm. Twelve more minutes. All of a sudden there's a knock at my door.

"Emma?" I hear Eli say.

"Yeah come in." he walks in and he looks very classy. He wears a dark blue suit with a white button down shirt underneath. Mickey is going to love him in it.

"Woah." we both say at the same time.

"You look, wow." he says.

"You look pretty good yourself." I say.

"I'm gonna head over to Mickey's now. We'll meet you at the restaurant okay?"

"Uhuh just hurry okay?"

"What, are you nervous?" he laughs.

"Why wouldn't I be? I haven't gone out with someone in a long time you know." I defend myself.

"Since Evan?" he asks.

"Yeah."

"It's gonna be fine okay?"

"Okay. See you there." and with that he leaves. Leaving me with eight minutes to spare.

Those eight minutes I spent pacing my room. Going over in my head what I'm going to say, what I'm going to do. And most importantly how not to make this date awkward. It's 7:00pm.

He's not here yet. I constantly find my self looking in the mirror. Making sure I look okay. Which only ends up leading to me picking out my own flaws. I need to stop before I ruin the night before it even starts.

Then the door bell rings. And of course I have to use the bathroom at this moment. I hurry to the bathroom to take care of my business before quickly fixing my dress and heading down stairs. Here goes nothing.

I see him. He's talking to my dad. Apparently they notice me walking, because they both turn to me. Connor wears a black suit and a white shirt. He looks very handsome, very charming. I cant help but smile.

"Wow." they say at the same time.

I immediately look to the floor. I walk a few more steps before I'm besides Connor.

"I'll expect you to have her home by no later than 12." dad says.

I find this a little ironic because I'm technically an adult now. But I guess since I'm still living under this house, I have to follow his rules.

"Of course." he smiles.

"Have fun. Not too much." my dad winks. Wait to ruin the moment.

"Bye!" I pull Connor out the door and we link arms.

"Emma. You look stunning."

"Thank you." I say looking away from him.

"Emma look at me. I mean it." his eyes are filled with joy.

"That means a lot thank you. You look amazing yourself." I nudge him.

"Why thank you."

We make our way into the car and get going. Every now and then Connor looks over to me. It's making me uncomfortable. Not that he's doing anything wrong, but I hate it when people stare.

I pull my phone out and send Mickey a quick text.

Emma: Please tell me you guys are on your way. Please

"Are you hungry?" Connor asks trying to start a conversation.

"Starving actually." I reply honestly.

"Well, we're here!"

I look out the window and the view is breathtaking. There are twinkly lights surrounding the restaurant. There's a balcony that's beautiful and the whole place scream classy. Everyone is in fancy attire. I'm so glad I went shopping for this dress.

"Shall we?" he asks.

"Uhuh." I say still in a trance.

We walk out and link arms again. I'm still in awe of everything.

"You like it?"

"Yes, yeah it's beautiful." I say.

"You're-"

"Emma! Connor! " I quickly spin around looking for that voice.

"Mickey! Eli!"

If it wasn't for our link arms, I would have ran toward them. But that probably wouldn't have been a good idea because of my high heels.

"You look amazing!" I say to Mickey.

"Thank you!"

"So you're Connor." Eli speaks up.

"Yes it's nice to meet you." they shake hands. I can tell that Eli is squeezing his a little too hard.

"How old are you?" Eli asks.

"Eli!" Mickey shouts.

"No it's fine I'm 16." Connor stands his ground.

"I see."

"Come on let's go." I drag him towards the restaurant.

"Sorry. He's really protective."

"Don't worry about it."

We approach the receptionist to find where our table is.

"Name?" she asks.

"Hutcherson." Conner replies.

"Right this way." Eli and Mickey follow behind us. To my delight, we are seated on the balcony that has a beautiful view. We have separate tables, but they are still pretty close together. This should be fun.