Chapter 2

Josh's POV

She was standing so close to me that I could practically hear her heartbeat. I just hoped that she couldn't hear mine. She looked at me with those big green eyes of hers and I could see her overthinking herself.

We had just exchanged goodbyes, when she leaned in and gave me a kiss on the cheek. And just like that, she was gone, running back into the house like she wasn't standing out here with me in the first place.

I stood there in shock. The rain was falling freely down on me. I did not see that coming at all. Emma seemed like a shy girl but that kiss said otherwise. I stay standing there for a couple of seconds thinking about what the hell just happened.

Tonight was very interesting. Actually, that's the understatement of the year. Deciding that it was probably a good time to head into the car, I open the door to be greeted by the gust of warm heat.

"Hey mom, thanks for picking me up." I say tiredly.

This whole day was tiring. We finished up filming Catching Fire reshoots yesterday and I just returned to Los Angeles today. The movie was coming along really well and I'm excited for the fans to see. My hair was died back to its original dark brown color. Don't get me wrong I love my job but these past months have been hectic. I'm glad I'm on break and get to relax for a while. I had to check into a hotel this morning and on my way in, I was mobbed by fans. Later, I went off to get some groceries when it started to pour. Just my luck. So anyways, my car started acting up and overheated. I just came back and already LA isn't treating me well. One things for sure, I'm glad I got to meet Emma. It's nice to know that I'm doing this for fans like her.

"Josh, hun are you alright? What happened?" She asks worriedly.

"I'm fine my car just overheated I'll pick it up later."

"I was so worried! I'm glad your alright! You know you didn't have to stay in a hotel our door is always open." she says.

"I would have been fine. I didn't want to just barge in when I've just come back." I shrug.

"Listen Josh, you're welcome home anytime. That's why we gave you a key. Everyone would have been happy to see you. Especially me, I've been Josh deprived long enough." She leans over to ruffle my hair and kiss my cheek.

What's up with everyone doing that today?

"I know I'm sorry I'm just tired." I say honestly. The car ride is silent for a while. I didn't really mind. It was a comfortable silence and all I wanted to do was sleep. And I have no idea why, but my thoughts drift to her.

Emma.

I can't get her image out of my head. When she first opened the door, she looked like she was going into cardiac arrest. It shocked me to know that people actually feel that way about me. Her soft brown curly hair fell down her shoulders and her cheeks filled with color when she realized who I was. I have to admit that I love the kind of effect I had on her. She was beautiful.

I close my eyes as I remember hers. They were a deep shade of green with a brown over tone. I wish I could have looked at them some more, but she was so adamant about avoiding eye contact. She really was shy. And her lips, her lips were so soft against my cheek. I can't help but imagine her lips-

I shake away the thought- wait why am I so fixated on remembering her? I've always appreciated my fans but she was different, there was something different about her.

I shake these thoughts away and focus on the rain drops falling on the window.

"Sooooo Josh.."

"Yes mother." I become wary at what she has to say when I notice her slight smirk.

"What was with you and that girl back there? She's so pretty! Don't think I didn't see that kiss!" she says excitedly. I start to blush which I have no control over. Why am I blushing? I never blush. And plus, I just met her.

"Nothing. She just let me into her house and gave me some dry clothes. I used her phone to call you." I say looking out the window so she couldn't see my face. I'm relieved that it's dark outside making my emotions unreadable.

My mom always makes a big deal about girls I'm with. And knowing her, she's going to turn this into something it's not.

"Aww Joshie is blushing! You like her! What's her name?"

Here we go...

"Mom I just met her! She's a fan of mine. That's it and all it'll ever be. Besides I was only with her for not even an hour."

I turn around to see that she is still smiling.

"I'm sorry Josh. She looked like she liked you though." she said wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Yeah yeah." I wave her off and stare out the window for the remainder of the ride.

There weren't many cars outside at this time of night. The rain wasn't lightening up a bit as she turned the corner to our street. I couldn't shake off what my mom had said. I do not like Emma. I couldn't. Everything she did was out of shock and being a fan. What confuses me even more is the fact that I'm over thinking all of this. As we pull into our driveway I turn around to face her.

"I'm just going to go to bed is that okay?" I ask.

"Of course it is. Your room is exactly how you left it. Get some sleep." she says sweetly.

"Thank you." I pull the car door open and then take one last look back at her.

"Emma. Her name is Emma." With that said, I turn around and head inside for a well deserved rest.