Chapter 82

There he was, a mere inches from me just staring. And I was staring back at a complete loss for words.

What is he doing here?

His chocolate brown eyes were pouring into my green eyes, and I knew I wasn't going to be the first one to look away.

"Oh my god! You're Josh Hutcherson!"

I don't have to turn around to figure out who's annoying voice that belongs to. Natalie. Josh hesitantly peels his eyes off of me and smiles politely at her.

Jennifer, still standing there trying to catch her breath, regains her composure and walks over to me with an apologetic smile.

"I can't believe you're Josh Hutcherson! Emma and I were just talking about you, weren't we Emma?" Natalie looks at me with one eyebrow raised. Wait to embarrass me. I instantly blush and look at the ground.

"Well, uh, I'll get let you two be." I say while quickly scurrying away from the scene, Jennifer's foot steps follow behind me.

"Hey, are you okay?" She grasps my arm to keep me from walking any more.

"Yeah."

I feel myself being yanked into her direction. She looks my face up and down, clearly not convinced.

"I didn't know he was coming, I'm sorry." She apologized, her lower lip juts out like a puppy.

"It's not your fault," I sigh. I take that chance to look over her shoulder to take in the scene. Natalie had Josh in what looked like a very painful hug judging by the shade of red his face was turning. For a brief moment, his eyes lock with mine. I quickly turn the other way and walk towards our station.

"You sure you're okay?"

"Honestly, I don't even know right now. I'll try to avoid him for as long as possible."

"You do that. I have to get back now. Just thought I'd warn ya."

"Thanks, Jen." I smile gratefully at her before she skips off, her Katniss wig bouncing along with her.

I take a seat on a chair and place my head in my hands trying to think of what to do. What am I going to say to him? I thought I could avoid this for at least a couple of weeks. Turns out, luck isn't on my side today. Just seeing him throws me out of loop. I thought I was over this. I was stupid to think I was.

"Emma," I lift my head from my hands to see him standing there. He runs his fingers through his messily brushed hair to fix the stray hairs that land on his forehead. His chocolate eyes look straight into mine.

"Josh," I nod.

I lower my eyes to the ground. I hear his footsteps approach me and I try my hardest not to look up. He suddenly takes a seat in a chair directly in front of me.

Minutes pass by in silence, I never look up once. I can practically feel his eyes drilling holes into me.

"Um," he clear his throat. I can still feel his gaze as he speaks. It was awkward. "I ca-came to talk to you."

I didn't reply, I didn't have it in me. So instead I kick some rocks around with my feet, waiting for him to continue.

"I heard you were here and..." He trails off.

I take that time to look up at him finally and find him staring at the ground too.

"And?"

"-and I was wondering if you'd like to grab some coffee with me?" He looks so...nervous? Josh, nervous? His eyes lift up to meet mine and I all but melt in his gaze.