Chapter 44

Josh's POV.

"I think we better get going." I hear Emma say from across the room.

"So soon? Please stay a bit longer." Mom says.

I smile. She must really like her.

By this point we are all in the living room talking amongst ourselves.

"What should we do?" Mickey asks.

"Why don't we all play a game! That will be fun!" Mom says.

"We should play Who Am I." Dad suggests.

Everyone quickly agrees but Emma has a questioning look on her face.

"What's Who Am I? How do you play?" she asks. She's so adorable when she confused. I love the way the eyes shine with curiosity.

"Oh dear it's simple really! We all write a well know person on a sticky note and you put that note on the person to your right's forehead, making sure they don't see, and they ask yes or no questions until they guess who they are! Oh and if you ask a question and the answer is yes then you continue to ask until you get a no!" Mom replies.

"That sounds like fun!" she says happily.

"Let me get the game!" Connor says rushing out of the room.

Dad instructs us to sit in a close circle on the floor so we all can read each others notes. Connor is back in no time and he takes a seat on the left of Emma. I hurry along quickly to sit on the other side of her ignoring Mickey's protest.

"Okay here are the sticky notes. Everyone write your person."

I notice that Mickey is on my right so I try to think of someone she would know. I scribble down Miley Cyrus because, come one who wouldn't know her?

"Everyone ready?" dad asks.

We all mumble our agreements before he tells us to put the post it on the person on our right's forehead.

"This should be easy." I say to Mickey. I press the note on her forehead so it will stay in place.

I look over to my left and Emma visibly tenses up. She reaches up to place the note on me. As soon as I feel her touch, I get chills. Why does she have that affect on me? I wonder if she feels them too. She quickly pulls away as Connor puts his note on her.

I look around the room to see what person everyone has. Mom has Leonardo Dicaprio, Dad has Will Smith, Connor has John Lennon, and Emma has One Direction. Of course Connor knows that that's her favorite band.

"Can I go first!" Mickey asks.

"I don't know.Can you?" Emma replies sarcastically.

"Haha okay so umm am I a girl?"

"Yes."

"Am I a role model?"

"No." we all laugh.

The game continues on for a good hour until it's just Mickey and I who are left still guessing. Emma guessed who she was on the first try.

"Okay so I'm a girl, not a role model, between the ages of 18-25, a singer... Did I have a t.v show at one point?" Mickey smiles clearly knowing who she is.

"Yes!" Emma and Connor yell.

"AM I MILEY CYRUS???"

"Yes! Finally!" everyone claps. Of course I'm the only one left. They all turn to look at me.

"I'm a female, an actress, and I'm in popular teen movies?"

"Come on Josh it's obvious." Emma smiles surprising me. She's lightening up a bit.

"Do I know her?"

They all nod.

By this point I already know who I am but I want to see where this goes.

"Have I been in a movie with her?"

"Uhuh!" Mickey says.

"Does she have brown hair?"

"At times."

"Does she play a character that can shoot a bow and arrow?"

"Josh come on." Mickey nudges me.

"Does her name rhyme with Bennifer Pawrence." I smirk.

Emma rolls her eyes but a smile is still plastered on her face.

"Oh! It's so obvious! It's Jennifer Lawrence!" I yell in revelation.

"Thank God!" Connor laughs.

I smile at the fact that she choose Jen. I think she mentioned before that she was a big fan of hers.

"We should probably get going now." Emma says to Mickey. She nods in agreement before they both stand up.

"Thank you so much Michelle and Chris for having us! We had a great time!" mom gives them both hugs and my dad shakes their hands once again.

"I hope you girls come again soon, it was lovely having you here." Mom smiles.

"We defiantly will." Emma returns the smile.

"Bye Connor!" Mickey, Emma, and Connor give each other a group hug. I wish she was that comfortable around me.

"Bye Josh!" Mickey says loudly. I wave my hand in response.

"Bye." Emma says nervously.

She quickly turns away before I get a chance to say anything. As soon as the door shuts, I quickly run after her.

"Emma wait!" I yell.

She looks back confused when she sees me. Mickey nods in my direction and I hear her say that she'll wait in the car.

I decide to make my way to her.

"Hi." she says.

"Hey."

Why did I come back out here? I completely lose my track of thought when I look into her eyes. She looks away, like she always does. I wish she wasn't so self conscience.

Emma clears her throat and I'm once again snapped out of my trance.

"Em, I hope you find some way to forgive me. I really don't want to lose you as a.. as a friend."

"I'm sure I will eventually Josh but I just.. I don't know. I still don't understand why you've been acting like I don't exist, like I don't have feelings. And now you want to be friends again? You're so confusing." she crosses her arms over her chest.

"I understand," I can't tell her how I really feel, because there's no way she feels the same about me. "Well I'm sorry again for everything, that Chloe was rude to you, that I was being a complete an utter idiot, and I'm sorry I made you jealous-"

One look at her face and I realize what I just said. I want to smack myself for saying that to her.

"Who said I was jealous?"

"No one.. I mean umm.."

"Goodnight Josh." she huffs and walks to the car.

I always know how to ruin a moment don't I?