chapter 73

Emma's POV

The nightmares didn't come again to my relief. Everything feels better when Josh is here but with that comfort comes anxiety. I lay awake in the bed for about ten minutes before deciding to get up. I carefully lift Josh's arms off of me before walking to the bathroom.

Today's the day of the premiere and I have no idea what's going to happen. This will be the first time Josh and I have publicly went to an event together and I'm not so keen about cameras and interviews.

With all of this running through my mind I can't help but think about my family. I should tell them the news. I feel absolutely horrible for basically avoiding them for these past weeks but so much was going on. But most of all, I need to talk it out with my dad.

I check the time on my phone to see that it's about 9:30am. I'm sure he's awake by now. I take a seat on the carpet by the tub before dialing his number.

"Hello?"

"Dad?"

"Emma?"

"Hi." I say. I hope this isn't going to be as difficult as I think it will be.

"Emma." he sighs.

A few seconds pass by before I decide to speak.

"I'm sorry." we say at the exact same time.

I let out a nervous laugh.

"I'm sorry I kicked you out. I just didn't want to see you ruin your life over some boy. I should have called, I know that." He tells me.

"I guess I get my stubbornness from you then. You didn't kick me out it was my choice. I needed to be on my own. And as for Josh...you have to know that he's not just some boy. Not all boys are like-"

"Evan." he finishes.

"Yeah." It's funny how everything goes back to him.

"You really do like him?"

"Dad, I love him." I say.

Just saying those words makes my heart flutter. The fact that I'm dating Josh Hutcherson is still so surreal to me.

"I'm really glad that you're happy dear. Thanks for calling and being the bigger person." he laughs.

"I'm glad I did too. Oh and dad?"

"Uhuh?"

"I'm kind of going to the Catching Fire premiere tonight."

"No way!"

"Yes way!"

"That's incredible Emma!"

"I know. Hopefully I wont embarrass myself in front of live television. Can you tell everyone else about the news?"

"Yeah of course I will. Wow I still cant believe it. Have a bunch of fun okay? I have to get ready for work now. Love you."

"I love you too dad. Bye."

I hang up the phone with a smile on my face. Finally things are getting better.

My phone lights up with a text message. I unlock the screen and I am greeted with an unknown number.

The message reads:

Emma hey it's Jen! Can you come down stairs?

I now have Jennifer Lawrence's number. Wait... and she has mine.

Somebody pinch me.

I'll be right down!

I reply to her causally. Well as casual as one can get when texting Jennifer Lawrence.