Chapter 61

Emma's POV.

"So this is it huh?"

"Yup buddy this is it."

"I'm going to miss you so much."

"Stop acting like you're not going to see me again." I soothe Mickey as she clings to me crying. After Josh left last night, we stayed up and talked, about everything. Since I'm leaving she said that she might as well go back to her "home."

I don't see why she doesn't want to go back, her foster parents are so nice. And she hasn't made it easy for them. She never visits, she doesn't have a clear plan for her future, and she doesn't even have a job. Anyways, I'm sure she won't stay there often with Eli over here.

"You'll visit right?" I ask her.

"Every chance I get." she smiles.

"Then there's no need to be crying." I'm a little surprised that I don't have tears myself. I guess I've run out.

"And if Evan gives you any trouble so help me God-"

"Let's not talk about that. Promise me you won't tell anyone about him going to the same school as me."

"I promise."

I check my phone, noticing that I have a message. Josh is here and ready to go. I reply telling him to give me one second.

"It'll be so lonely without you." she cries.

"Come on. I'll always be around. Bye Mickey." I hug her tightly and walk downstairs.

That's when I see Eli, Kyle, and Lily sitting on the sofa.

"Emma where are you going?" Lily asks.

"I'm leaving Lily. I'll be back soon I promise."

"No don't leave!" she runs over to me and begins to cry. It's takes me all I have not to join her. It makes everything feel so real. I'm actually moving out.

"Don't cry. I've got to go. Be good for me okay?" I look over to Eli for help. He comes over and picks Lily up.

"Don't get into any trouble." he teases me. Lily is crying into his chest and clinging to him. I've never seen Eli cry and I don't want to. Because I know if he starts to cry then I surely will.

"I'll try not to." I tease.

"Emma I made you something." Kyle says.

"What?" I ask clearly shocked.

"I made you this." he gives me a small bracelet. It's beaded with purple and white pearls. My birthstone. His gesture truly shocks me. He's not really an affectionate guy.

"Thank you." I smile and my lip starts to quiver. I put the bracelet on and it's the perfect fit.

"Tell mom and dad that I said bye."

They're at work and I feel awful for leaving without them here. I still haven't talked to my dad since the fight. It honestly upsets me that he doesn't care about giving me a second thought. He'll come around about Josh. I know he will. Finally, I give them each a hug and walk out before I start crying myself. I never thought I would miss this place so much.

"All set?" Josh asks.

"Uhuh."

"Wow my girlfriend is going to be a college student." he smiles at me.

"I swear to God if you start crying too I'll hit you." I say seriously.

"It was that bad?" he chuckles.