Chapter 64

Emma's POV.

"Emma can I speak with you after class?" my English teacher Ms.Wright asks. The thing that I don't like about her is the fact that she doesn't care about your personal feelings. So instead of asking me privately, she asks me in front of the whole class.

"Okay." I say while everyone goes on about how I'm in trouble. We may be in college but everyone still acts like they're in middle school.

When the bell rings I approach her desk. She scribbles away on someone's essay and complete ignores me. I clear my throat when a couple of minutes pass by.

"Hello Emma how are you?" she asks still not bothering to look up at me.

"I'm fine how are you?"

"Good good. Well I hope this doesn't ruin your day." she scribbles a few more things down on the paper before handing it to me. It's my essay on human behavior. The whole paper is filled with red marks and at the very top, in a circle, reads my grade. An F.

"You see Emma, your whole paper was nothing the assignment was intended to be about. You didn't explore the topic thoroughly." she leans her glasses over her nose.

"I don't understand. I thought I explored the different aspects of human behavior." I wasn't going to leave here knowing that my hard work resulted in failure. I worked long and hard on this essay and I was pretty proud of it. Ms.Wright is known for her harsh grading system but I didn't think she would fail me.

"See that's it. There's no emotion in your work, no personal experience or anything the reader can grab onto. Focus on one aspect on human behavior not multiple. I was very disappointed because I know you are capable of so much more, which is why I'm giving you a second chance."

"I can make it up?"

"Yes. By next Monday. Don't let me regret giving you another chance to redeem yourself." she smiles the most unappreciative smile I've ever seen.

"I won't. Thank you." I say and leave the class as fast as I can. By the time I'm out, my head is pounding. Personal experience? I have not the slightest idea on what to use for my essay and even the thought of it makes me want to scream. I've never been so frustrated.

"Emma wait up!" Skylar walks up and gives me a quick hug. She's always so happy and loves life. I envy her for that. She takes one look at my face and knows that something is wrong.

"Woah are you okay? What's up?" I hold up the paper so she can see the big fat F scribbled on top. She's gotten to know that I'm really hard on myself when it comes to grades.

"Oh crap. What did Ms.Wright say to you?"

"She said I have until Monday to rewrite the entire essay, that's four days from now."

"Hey! That's good then! Come on cheer up. If anyone can do it I know you can. At least she's letting you make it up."she smiles enthusiastically.

"But still." I complain. We start walking back to the dorms.

"You know what? I know the perfect way to take your mind off of things. Come with me to this party tomorrow."

"Me? At a party? That's funny."

"I'm serious this could be really good for you." she practically begs.

"You know I've heard about college parties. I don't think I'm up for that."

"Just think about it okay?"

"Fine." I say and she cheers as if I said yes.

She unlocks the room door and I plummet onto the bed. It seems like I've been doing that a lot lately.