Chapter 85

"You can put me down now."

It was dark out and I honestly had no idea where we were or where we were going. Josh still had me slung over his shoulder despite being intoxicated. I assume that little incident in the bar sobered him up a bit.

"No it's okay, I like the view."

"Josh!" My cheeks immediately heat up. I feel his laughter vibrate from his chest.

"I'm only joking. Partially."

"Whatever." I sigh and cross my arms extremely aware of the fact that my dress is riding up and Josh is getting the full show.

"Are you mad?"

"Partially." I mimic.

"Why?"

"You know why."

He suddenly stops at the ends of a dimly lite street and sets me down. My hand instinctively tugs at the bottom of my dress.

"Is it because of Natalie?"

Natalie.

I hate her.

"No, she's great don't you think? I especially loved it when she had you pressed up against the wall. Lovely."

"You really are upset about this aren't you," he brushed his hand across my arm leaving me with goosebumps, "you looked about ready to claw her eyes out." He laughs.

"Yeah, well." I cross my arms and look on the ground.

"You have no reason to be jealous. I'm with you, only you. No one else even exists when we're together."

"I know," I nod my head to reassure myself. "I know I'm being ridiculous. I love you. It's not you I'm mad at it's the thought of her trying to get in the middle of us. It's your birthday I shouldn't have acted out." I take his hand in mine to show him that I'm fine.

"Say it again."

"Say what?"

"That you love me." His eyes stay on me the whole time and I laugh at how whimsical he is right now.

"I love you you doof." I ruffle his hair and he gives me a lazy smile.

"Now where are we?" I ask taking in the quiet and dark environment surrounding us.

"Honestly? I have no idea."

"Josh!"

He lifts his hands up in a surrendering manner.

"Do you want to go back to the club?" I cringe at the thought but it's his birthday, I'd do just about anything for this boy.

"No I just want to be with you, if that's okay?"

"Of course it's okay."

We decide to continue walking because Josh vaguely remembers our hotel being a few minutes away from the club. Which was probably a bad choice on my part but I was just glad that we were together and alone for that matter.

In a few minutes, like Josh had predicted, we were in front of the hotel. I suddenly remember the present I made for Josh and my face heats up. I really hope he likes it.

Josh's POV.

"Hey Josh,"

My head turns to the beautiful girl standing before me. She changed out of her dress and into a pair of my sweats and a plain white t-shirt.

She's so beautiful. I don't know if it's the alcohol or just the fact that she's in my clothes, that makes me want to hold her tight and never let go.