Chapter 41

Emma's POV.

"I.."

Clearly he's at a loss for words. He looks shocked, probably because he's not used to being wrong.

"Save it. I'm going to sleep if that's fine with you. Are you guys coming?" I ask Mickey and Connor.

They both nod and we turn to walk away, leaving behind Josh who is still searching for the right words to say.

"That tension between you guys though..." Mickey starts.

"Do you blame me for being a little mad?"

"Not really no."

"That's what I thought."

We make it to Connor's room in no time.

"So who's sleeping where?" I ask.

"Hmm, you guys can take the bed I can sleep on the floor!" Connor says.

"Are you sure? I feel bad."

"Yeah I'm positive don't worry." he smiles.

"Thank you! Goodnight guys."

I fall asleep from pure exhaustion, not even wanting to think about everything that had happened.

Josh's POV.

Shocked is not the right word for this feeling. More like stunned, or pissed, maybe even regret. I've never, ever wanted to hurt Emma. But I have and I feel so stupid for being so blind. The plan was to have a distraction, to get my mind off of her. Instead I dragged her into this whole mess.

And the worse part about this is that I caused all of it. I brought Chloe into all of our lives. So I guess it's my job to take her out. And I'll be glad to do so because I am beyond mad about what she said.

I open the door, determined to let Chloe have a piece of my mind.

"Joshie! I missed you! What took you so long?" Chloe looks over to me, with a big smile on her face. That smile immediately drops when she sees my expression.

"Jos-"

"Listen hear Chloe. I heard everything you said to Emma. You're in my house and you disrespect my friend? How could you say those things to her? She's perfect just the way she is! I never meant for things to go this far. I'm sorry if I lead you on, cause I did, but you knew from the beginning that this was never an real relationship."

"I doubt she's your friend now! After everything that has happened! Why do you even like her? Huh!?"

"I don't-"

"Save it Josh. Don't lie to yourself! How could you ever like someone like her? She doesn't even deserve you! Think of all the other girls you could have! You could have me! But that slut-"

"She's a slut?!" I let out a huge laugh.

"I think it would be best if you left now before I really lose my temper. You've done enough damage as it is."

"Fine. But don't come crawling back to me when things don't work out! Cause they will never work out if you are with her! And just so you know, it was you that came to me in the first place."

She quickly grabs all of her things, including her car keys, and pushes past me and out the door. A minute later I hear a slam indicating that she left the house.

Thank god.

I lazily fall into my bed, thinking about the past hour. I had no right to be mad at Emma. I acted like a complete jerk. She probably hates me now. I mean I would. I just want her to know how beautiful she is and that nothing Chloe said was true.

I want Emma to be mine. But Connor and Emma are going out right? I guess I should find out. I want her to like me, like she did when we first met. But can things ever go back to the way they were?

I really hope they can.