Chapter 60

Emma's POV.

"Sorry." I quickly move off of Evan. My hands are sweaty and my heart beat has picked up its pace dramatically. How is he here? Why am I alone with him? Where is Josh?

"Emma? Is it really you?" Evan picks himself up and dusts off. His gaze returns to me. He takes in my entire appearance and I instantly back away.

"You look great." I keep my gaze on the floor. I know he's smiling. And I don't think I could handle seeing it. It was always so charming, warm, and loving. A sudden realization hits me. What is Josh going to do when he sees Evan? I shake off the thought.

When I decide to look up, all I see is a different person. Still Evan, but somehow different. I don't think it's a good kind of different. He still has his wavy brown hair, deep chocolate eyes, and is still very...fit. He used to be so full of life, so happy. But now all I see is a different guy standing in front of me.

"Uhh..."

"I can't believe it's actually you." I could say the same thing.

"You're with that movie star now aren't you?"

"Josh." I turn around hoping that the mention of his name would lead to his appearance. But life doesn't work that way does it?

"Yeah Josh." he stuffs his hands in his pockets.

I don't know how I feel. I don't even know if I have any feelings. I feel numb that's for sure. Everything, every memory, is brought back to me in the span of a minute.

"I've missed you." he says silently.

"Don't-"

"Can we talk?"

I feel like screaming at him. He has no right to miss me, no right at all. It feels like he's purposely trying to hurt me. Just those few words make me want to cry.

Surprise there.

Well I don't want to hear a word he has to say. And I'm thankful that this will probably be the last time I ever see him. Right as I'm about to retaliate, I hear Josh calling out my name.

Josh's POV.

I wander around aimlessly for minutes looking for a cart. All of them were taken and the place is packed. I get a few strange looks from people because of my injury, but no one recognizes me thanks to the brace.

Finally, I spot a cart in the middle of the bike section. For a minute, I question whether or not to take it just in case someone was using it. I quickly look around before pushing the cart back to the storage section. I immediately recognize Emma's voice, as well as someone else's.

When I turn the corner, I see a huge mess. Pillows and boxes are scattered on the floor. Emma stands a distance away from someone. The second voice reveals itself, or should I say himself.

"Emma?"

She turns to me at the sound of my voice. I set the cart off to the side and take her hand in mine. Her hands are cold and her face is pale. At a closer look I realize that she's shaking.

"What happened here?" I ask. The guy has hands stuffed in his pockets.

"I..um I fell." she hesitantly says.

"It was my fault, she tripped over what I dropped." he says motioning to the cardboard boxes.

"You've been clumsy lately haven't you?" I smile down at her. Her face is emotionless and she continues to stare at the ground.

"So it's true then?" he asks.

"What?" she whispers.

"That you're dating Josh Hutcherson. It's been on the radio, news, you name it."