Chapter 70

Emma's POV.

Josh showed up at my door about ten minutes ago. He had the cutest smile on his face and I couldn't resist running into his outstretched arms. I basically went ballistic. I cried so hard and he held me the entire time. I was so happy but nervous all the same.

"Emma look at me." he said. I moved my head from his chest and looked at his deep chocolate brown eyes.

"I'm right here. Don't cry. Everything's okay." he placed a kiss on my forehead. He wore his black leather jacket and loose fitted blue jeans. My eyes lingered on his smile because it was so breathtakingly gorgeous. Everything about this man was. I never thought anyone would mean so much to me.

I felt like he already knew what happened and he accepted the fact that it was just a mistake. It was comforting to know that he was here with me. I took his hand in mine and started aimlessly playing with his fingers.

Time didn't seem to pass by as we sat in silence overwhelmed by each other's company. I had no clue as to what was about to happen.

I heard the door unlock but I didn't give it a second thought. It's probably Skylar.

"Did you tell him?" Evan barges into the room with a smug look on his face.

"Evan what are you doing here?" I instectively grab a tighter hold of Josh's hand.

"What is he talking about?" Josh looks at me with questioning eyes.

"I-I don't know." I lie.

"By all means I can tell him." Evan laughs.

"No! No I'll do it." I let out a huge sigh.

"Josh, the other night at the party, I was alone with Evan and-"

"You slept with him didn't you?" he stood up from the bed and the pained look he gives me makes me want to cry.

"Of course I didn't sleep with him! Evan tell him what happened!"

Evan shakes his head and crosses his arms.

"Emma, babe, don't lie to him."

"I'm not lying! Why are you doing this!" he doesn't say another word as he leaves the room.

What is going on? Why would Evan do that I thought...I thought we were past this.

Josh looks taken aback. He grabs ahold of my wrist and tugs me off the bed.

"Josh you're hurting me." tears brim the edge of my eyes.

"Why would you do this to me? Why would you do this to us!"

"I didn't sleep with him! It was one kiss!"

"I trusted you! How could you Emma? Do you know how easy it would have been to replace you on tour!" I didn't recognize this man in front of me. All the sweetest from earlier has immediantly vanished.

"But I love you." I cry out in pain. I can almost feel the bruise forming on my wrist.

"How long have you kept this from me?"

"A week. I wanted to tell you sooner I just didn't know how."

"It took you a whole fucking week to tell me?"

My eyes widen in shock. He's never, not even once, cursed at me. And I feel so helpless.

"I hate you!" he screams.

"No you don't! Don't say that." I shake my head.

He was too strong. Too strong for his own good.