Chapter 34

Emma's POV.

"What can I get for you today?"

"I'll have a water." Connor says.

"Me too."

"Are you ready to order?" the waiter asks.

"Yes I'll have the Maitake Consommé." he replies.

A what?

I feel so out of place. It took me just now to realize it.

"And for you miss?"

"Uhhh."

Everything on this menu is unfamiliar to me. I have been staring at it for ten minutes and I still don't know what to order. Don't get me wrong this restaurant is beautiful, but I guess its not my style. I'm more of a pizza kind of girl. In the end, I pick out a random item on the menu.

"I'll have Boy Sam."

The waiter looks at me like I'm an complete idiot while Connor tries to hold back his laugh.

"Do you mean the Bo Ssäm ?" the waiter asks. Apparently I butchered the pronunciation.

"I guess." I say while hiding my face in the menu. He leaves us for another table.

"That was so embarrassing." I sigh.

"It was cute." Connor says.

Cue the blushing. Again. God I hate when my cheeks do that.

"So Mickey and your brother huh?"

"Yeah..."

"How did that happen?"

"It was obvious from the start that they liked each other. It took them forever to get together. But I've always knew." I smile.

Connor smiles back and turns over to look at the couple next to us. Mickey and Eli are talking. They seem engrossed in everything they say. They look so happy with each other and I can see that they're holding hands underneath the table.

"They are perfect for each other." he says.

"They really are." we make eye contact for a second and we both quickly look away. Funny isn't it? How we're talking about their relationship when we are on a date ourselves.

"So Connor tell me about your first date." I say trying to lighten the mood. He instantly blushes.

"This is my first date."

"No!" I say in shock.

"Yeah." he looks down.

"Oh geez that's a lot of pressure to have."

"Don't worry, so far this is the best date I've ever been on." he jokes.

"Hah-hah." I begin to process things. This is his first date. He's only sixteen.

"Wait was I your first-"

"Kiss? Yeah." he answers.

"Oh." How did I not know that?

I constantly find myself looking over at Mickey and Eli. They seem to be having fun. This is their first date too.

"Looks like dinner is here."

He's right. The waiter approaches with two dishes in his hand. It smells delicious.

"Enjoy your meal!" he says placing the plates in front of us.

Apparently I ordered beef? Great, I'm not much of a beef fan. It looks good but there's just one thing. It's the smallest portion ever. I cut up the portion and stuff a little in my mouth. I chew slowly. Very slowly. It's not horrible but definitely not good.