Chapter 24

Emma's POV.

"What was that about?"

"Huh?" Mickey questions while closing the bedroom door.

"What were you guys talking about?" I ask. Her cheeks grow red and she quickly turns away.

"Nothing."

"Nothing huh? Mickey come on."

She lays down next to me on the bed and stares at the ceiling.

"First things first, how are you feeling?"

"I was feeling better when we got home but all that yelling and screaming really messed me up. I'm okay right now, hopefully I'll be better by tomorrow. Now you have to tell me!"

"Eli asked about how you were doing..." she says.

"And..."

"And I said that you were okay. Yup thats it the end thank you very much. " she says in one breath.

"Come on Mickey. There's something going on between you guys that you aren't telling me. I mean you don't have to tell me now, but you know you can always trust me right?" I ask hoping the answer would be yes.

"Of course I do! You are my best friend the only person I would ever confide in. I love you Emma.... But I yeah I guess I should just tell you everything now." she sounds very nervous but the truth was bound to come out.

"Go ahead I'm all ears."

"Okay so this goes back to the day we first went to Josh's house. In the morning, while everyone else was sleeping, I went down stairs to eat. And surprisingly Eli was awake really early because-"

"He goes for his morning runs.'"

"Yeah. So anyways we were having breakfast and we were laughing and I guess having a good time and I mean in the heat of the moment I kinda sort of kissed him." she immediately stuffs a pillow in her face.

"Oh my-you kissed him? I always thought that he would make the first move!" I yell squirming on the bed.

"Are you kidding me that was the most awkward thing I've ever done! Now it's just plain weird between us- wait what do you mean you thought that he would make the first move?"

"Wow, Mickey I hate to say this but you're clueless. He likes you. A lot. And I can tell you like him too. Tell me, what did he say after you kissed him?"

"He does not like me! I, uhh actually ran out before either one of us processed what had happened." she says, her voice barely audible through the pillow.

"Ugh! You can't just leave a guy hanging like that! He does like you. Why would he kiss you back if he didn't?" I ask.

"Wait how did you know that he kissed back?"

"Because HE LIKES YOU! I've seen the way he looks at you, always looking out for you. And apparently you like him too."

"Yeah I guessssss."

"Then what are you so afraid of? This is a match made in heaven!"

Mickey finally removes the pillow from her face. She looks confused, and in deep thought.

"Em, you know me. Say he does like me-"

"Which he does!" I interrupt.

"I'm not sure I'm ready for a relationship. He's an incredible guy. I'm scared that I will hurt him, and I really don't want to hurt someone as special as him. We both know that I'm not the one to settle down."

I do get where she's coming from. She's always hooked up with a lot of guys but never had a serious relationship.

"Mickey this could really be good for you, for both of you, you guys balance each other out just give it a chance okay? See where things go."

"Yeah I guess your right. That's why I said yes to breakfast with him tomorrow." she says.

"Yes! I guess tomorrow is going to be a big day for us both."

"I guess your right. No more tears?" she sticks out her pinky.

"No more tears." I say sealing our promise.

(Helllllloooo! Please vote. I've been getting great feedback! I always love reading the comments and predictions you guys have so keep leaving some! Have a great day.)