Chapter 27

Josh's POV.

"...And so everything's fine now just perfect!" Emma says looking back at Connor.

"That's great you guys." I say. Boy isn't this a bittersweet moment. I can't even be upset. She looks the happiest she's ever been.

"Can I use your bathroom?" she asks.

"Yeah of course you can! You know where one is right?" Connor asks.

"Yup I'll be back!" she says walking off.

"Dude you're the best!" he hugs me.

"Anything for you." I desperately try to sound happy.

"How did you do it?"

"I just told her how you were feeling and how much she means to you. That you never meant for anything to go wrong." I say.

"That's amazing! Did you see how happy she looked?"

'Yeah I noticed and it's because of me.' is what I want to say.

"Yeah she looked very happy I'm glad you guys are on good terms now." is what I actually say.

"Did you ask her about how she feels about me?" he asks.

"Yeah I asked her."

"So..."

"She said she might have feelings for you. You guys have apparently 'been through a lot.'"

"Are you okay?" he notices my change of tone.

Emma walks back into the room saving me from answering that question.

"Hey guys." she smiles. Her smile is so blindingly beautiful. My favorite thing about a girl. And I know I said this a million times but her eyes... her eyes are amazing.

"Josh."

"Huh yeah?" I snap out of my trance.

"I'm sorry to bother you again but I probably should get home."

She's so cute when she's shy. I've noticed that every time I look at her, she always looks away. She's so insecure. I wish I could tell her how beautiful she is.

"Yeah okay. Do you have everything?"

"I think so yeah. Bye Connor! Talk to you soon?" she pulls him for a hug and he nods his head.

We, once again, get back into the car and drive off to her house.

"I forgot to ask you this before, but what did my brother say to you when you picked me up?"

"Just some brotherly stuff." I smile.

"Like?"

"Like you're his little sister and if I hurt you in any way, he'll find me."

"Oh my god that is so embarrassing." she says hiding her face in her hands.

Stop being so cute, I'm trying not to like you and you're making it very difficult.

"We never finished 20 questions."

"Oh yeah we didn't... We can finish it over the phone?" she suggests.

"That's a good idea. Later tonight?"

"Yes!"

"You seem like you're in a good mood." I laugh. We pull up to her driveway at about 4pm.

"I actually am. Thank you so much for an amazing day Josh. I hope we can do it again sometime!"

"I hope so too." I sigh. As she leaves I could only think one thought.

I wish I didn't like her. I really wish I didn't. Everything would be so much better if I didn't like Emma.