Chapter 48

Mickey's POV.

"Where are you going?"

"To pick up Kyle from his friend's house."

"Oh. I'm coming!"

"Okay."

Elijah seems out of it today. I don't know why. I didn't do anything wrong, not that I know of. I'm sure it's nothing right? After dinner last night he went straight to his room without saying goodnight. Things have been going well with us and now I feel as if we are backtracking. I didn't even go to his room last night. I missed how his arms would wrap around my waist when we fall asleep.

We pull out of the driveway and start off to pick up Kyle. I wonder how long the drive is. The drive is silent except for the small hum of the radio. Eli keeps his gaze locked on the road ahead, without giving me a glance.

"Alright what's wrong?" I finally ask.

"Nothing."

"You've been ignoring me all day, something's wrong."

"I rather not talk about it." he sighs.

"We're not going to get anywhere if you're not willing to talk about our proble-"

"Dammit Mickey!" he yells. His fists turn white as his clenches the steering wheel.

I quickly look away. I've never seen him like this before. He's never been this.. mad. It's not like I'm scared of him it's just scary seeing him this stressed. My mind races over the things I could have done to upset him. Nothing comes to mind, but knowing me I probably did do something wrong.

"I'm sorry." he says placing his hand on my thigh.

"What did I do?"

"You didn't do anything."

"Then what's wrong?" I press him for more information.

"I hate having to lie to my parents about us," he begins.

"Last night, felt so wrong. I wanted to smile at you without worrying that my parents would see. I wanted to hold your hand without getting questioning looks. It feels wrong to hide something this big. I really like you Mickey and I want everyone to know. Everyone else is so accepting and my parents are the only ones that have no idea.

Do you know how heartbroken they would be if they found out from someone else? And I know you think they wouldn't approve but they will. I know they will." when the street light turns red, he finally looks at me. I can see how much this has been bothering him.

"I just don't want to take a chance. I'm sorry that I'm asking you this but I just can't. I don't want them hating me-"

"Are you kidding me Mickey? They would never hate you."

"The light's green." I point out.

He grunts then continues to drive.

"Please don't tell them?" I plead.

"I won't I promise." he hesitantly agrees. He grabs my hand to hold.

"You didn't come to my room last night."

"I thought you were mad at me." I confess.

He pulls into an open parking space before honking his horn. That took us long enough to get here. Eli turns so his body is facing me.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too." I smile.

We both lean in for a kiss. I love being with Eli. I love being with him so damn much it hurts. I don't know why I didn't realize that I liked him years ago.

"Why do I always come in at the wrong time?!" Kyle says hoping into the car.

"Missed you too buddy." Eli says pulling away from me.

"You missed a hell of a dinner last night." I tell him.

"What was so special about it?" he asks.

"Josh came over."

"What?? Really! Ugh I always miss everything." he sighs.

Elijah's POV.

"Finally! That was a long drive." Mickey complains. Kyle runs straight to his room. That boy sure does love to lock himself in there.

"Hey at least we're home now." I smile pulling her to me. She looks up at me with her gorgeous eyes. I love her so much. Yes, I'm in love with Mickey. But I could never tell her that. She doesn't feel the same way. She's been with too many guys and I bet I don't compare to any one of them.

"Kiss me?" I ask.

"You don't even have to ask." she says biting on her lip. We kiss each other. I could kiss her soft lips forever.

I love this feeling. It just feels so right. I don't care about anything, or anyone else when I'm with her.

"What's going on?!"

Oh no.