Chapter 31

Mickey's POV.

I turn over to see if Emma is sleeping. She is. Perfect. Quietly, I get out of bed and tip toe across the room to the door. The door isn't fully closed, to my relief, so I manage to push it open without making a single sound.

It's 2am so no one is awake. I past by Kyle's room before I reach my destination. I slowly open his door, and there I see Eli, sleeping. He looks so peaceful and young when he sleeps.

I'm not exactly sure why I'm here. Maybe it's because that I miss him, as cheesy as that sounds. But I do have to tell him about the whole double date thing too.

I inch my way closer to him, not wanting to wake him just yet. How did I get so lucky? He's the perfect guy. He has the perfect eyes, hair, body, and face. Just everything in general about him screams perfection. How he fell for a girl like me? I have no idea.

Five minutes past by before I decide to wake him up.

"Eli." I whisper.

He rustles in his sleep but his eyes are still closed.

"Elijah." I whisper again.

He still manages to stay sleeping. I'll tell you, this family loves their sleep. His hair was a mess, but a cute mess. I graze my hand through it, fixing it up a bit.

"Eli." I whisper again. This time, he finally responds.

"Mickey?" his eyes open revealing a gorgeous blue color. He looks confused.

"What are you doing here?" he asks.

"I can leave if you want.." I say jokingly about to walk away.

"Come here." he pulls me by the waist and the next thing I know, I'm in his arms.

"I missed you." I say.

"I always miss you." he replies.

We stay like that, just enjoying each others company. But I suddenly remember what I came here for.

"Eli?"

"Hmm?" he says sleepily.

"Would you want to go on a date? A double date."

"With who?" he asks.

"Emma and Connor." I answer.

I feel him tense up.

"Who's Connor?" he asks suddenly more alert.

"Josh's little brother. It's a long story but he really likes her and she might like him. "

"When would we be going?"

"Tomorrow," I consider the time, "well today actually." I say.

He takes a few seconds before responding.

"Okay."

"Really? You're the best, thank you!" I smile.

"But I have to admit, I'm kind of disappointed." he says.

I furrow my eyebrows.

"Why is that?"

"Well I'm a guy, if you haven't noticed. And usually the guy asks the girl out first. I kind of feel robbed from that opportunity."

"Don't worry babe this won't count." I laugh.

"Good."

"I should probably go now." I say trying to get out of his grasp.

"No don't leave! I'll miss you." he looks at me with pleading eyes.

"But your parents.." I start to say.

"Just stay here a couple more minutes okay?"

I hesitantly agree.

"Just a couple more minutes.." I repeat, drifting off into a pleasant sleep.