Chapter 37

Emma's POV.

I finish up my story while trying to catch my breath. Surprisingly, I'm not crying. I'm so much stronger that I was before. Ever since Evan, I never felt comfortable in my own skin. But trusting someone doesn't come naturally to me anymore.

The room stays silent for a while, and I'm glad for it. It's Connor who decides to break it.

"Are you serious? How could a guy ever do that? That's ridiculous! I swear if I ever see him..."

He starts to ramble on about how much he hates Evan. I find this comforting because, for once, no one is feeling sorry for me.

"What happened after that?" he asks suddenly calming a bit down.

"Well Mickey and I went home and sure enough my eye was bruised up. There was so avoiding the topic so I had to tell my parents. They wanted to press charges but I convinced them not to. I wanted nothing to do with him ever again. He's pretty much the reason I hate alcohol and why I overthink myself."

"So when you saw Josh and that blonde chick kissing-"

"It reminded me of Evan and that red head."

He nods understanding. Mickey looks proud of me for finally being strong enough to relive those memories. But all this talking, especially the topic we're talking about, made my throat dry.

"I'm going to get some water." I get up and walk to the kitchen trying to calm myself down a bit. But when I make it to the kitchen, she's in there, surprisingly not with Josh. She's leaning against the counter drinking a soda. Her outfit just screams slutty.

Trust me I'm not a judgmental person but I when I saw her with Josh, I don't know I just lost it.

She's wearing a little black dress with a plunging neckline. She's even wearing platinum heels. I ignore her. I shuffle through the fridge looking for a cold water bottle. Luckily, there's one left. I can feel her staring at me. I try to be the bigger person in this situation but she's irritating me.

"Can I help you?" I snap.

"Sorry I don't associate with people like you." she rolls her eyes.

"Excuse me?"

"People of your status."

I let out a huge laugh.

"That's ironic considering what you do for a living. I can't believe Josh would go for someone like you." I defend myself.

"Honey, let's get things straight. Who's with Josh here? Me. How I got here doesn't matter. The fact is that he would never go for someone as average as you. I mean look at you." everything about her screams fake.

"Good to know." I smile. It's so funny. She thinks she can bring me down. She doesn't even know half of the things I've been through.

"Chloe!" Josh calls out from the living room.

"Why don't you just back off?" Chloe asks.

"Whatever, go he's calling you."

She gives me the fakest smile.

"Coming Joshie!!!" she skips out of the kitchen, her dress just barley covering her butt.

Joshie. I scoff. Who does she think she is? But then I remind myself that Josh went for someone like her, she must be special. Good for him.

I angrily twist open the water bottle and gulp down it's contents. Then, I make my way back to Connor and Mickey.

"That took you a while." Mickey says.

"I ran into Chloe." I say her name bitterly.

"So that's her name." Connor says.

"Uhuh she's just a bundle of joy!" I say sarcastically.

"What happened?" he asks.

Josh's POV.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Nothing really she's really sweet and pretty! Oh and nice! We are going to be the best of friends!" Chloe replies happily.

"Did she ask about me?"

"No. You didn't come up in the conversation." she says twirling her hair around her finger aimlessly.

"Okay." I give her a kiss which gets heated very fast. Do I feel anything? No. All I feel in numbness.

It hurts not having her. It hurts not even having a shot with her since she's with Connor.

"Hey do you want to watch a movie?" I ask pulling away.

"Yeah sure of course whatever you want to do!"

"Let's see if those guys want to watch with us."

I walk over to Connor's room without waiting for her reply. I knock.

"Shhhh!" someone whispers from the other side followed by giggling.

"Who is it?"

"Josh. Do you guys want to watch a movie with Chloe and I?"

There's a lot of mumbling until Mickey, I think, answers.

"Okay we'll be there in a bit! Ouch Em that hurt!"

I walk back to Chloe. At least they're having fun.