Chapter 86: The End?

This is it guys, the final chapter. I hope you enjoy it and I hope it fulfills your expectations. Happy reading!!

...

"You've got to be kidding me."

Time seemed to freeze as I sat there staring at my phone like it was a ticking bomb. Sometimes I wonder if my life would ever take a surprising turn in the right direction rather than one misfortune after another.

"Emma," the call of my name was followed by a hand on my shoulder. The gesture would have been comforting if I wasn't in a stage of rage and shock.

I nearly freaked out when I first read the message but reading it now it made sense: this was no one's fault but my own.

Hi Josh, Emma. I have some bad news. Apparently there was confrontation between Emma and Natalie last night and as you know the contract you signed has a zero tolerance policy for fighting or bringing any negativeness towards the mockingjay production team. What that means is that, unfortunately, both Emma and Natalie's contract will be terminated effective immediately.

It's all my fault. That's what I kept thinking. I let my feelings get in the way.

"Emma," I turned my attention to Josh and stared at him blankly. "Emma it's okay I'll speak to the team and explain what Natalie-"

"No."

"No?"

I slowed down my breathing and shook my head. I need to own up to my mistakes "No. It's my fault for starting petty drama with her. I deserve this."

Which means I have to leave. The only reason I'm allowed to be away from college was because of this internship, but here I am making a complete full out of myself.

"Ba-"

"Can we go back to the apartment," I try to keep a solid exterior but feel a tear fall from my eye."Please."

I don't remember much of what happened while getting back to the room. I don't even remember the sun setting or me laying down in this bed. I do remember Josh leaving the room on a business call.

A single thought keeps running through my head.

We're going to break up. Again. Long distance didn't work last time, it's not going to work this time.

The faint sound of the door closing barley registers to me. I was laying on my side with my head turned to the wall opposite of the door. My eyes were drooping slightly. I think part of the reason I couldn't sleep was the fact that this is my last night with him.

I felt a pair of arms around me, pulling me closer, and somehow that was the most comfortable thing he could do at the moment. The coldness of the room quickly dimishined to a cozy one when I fell him toss a blanket around us. His chin found a comfortable spot on my neck.

"I'll always love you," he said faintly. That's when I let silent tears fall from the face. His statement made me believe that he knew this was the end of us. Josh giving up made everything that more real.

With the comfort that his cozy scent and warm arms brought me, I managed to fall asleep thinking about how life must have a fun time screwing me over.

....

My eyes fluttered open as soon as I hear a loud thud on the floor.

"Ouch," I groan as I squint around, looking at my surroundings. My TV is on and the room's temperature must me below zero because it's  freezing. I realize that the movie that was currently playing on my TV is The Hunger Games.