Chapter 47

Emma's POV.

"Mickey did you know about this?" I whisper-shout at her as she tugs on my hand.

"Shh Emma just enjoy the night." she grins.

"Hey Josh!" Mickey skips over to where he's standing and he suddenly notices our arrival. He stares at me. Oh does he stare at me. I curse internally at myself for not wearing makeup. His eyes scan me up and down, taking in my entire appearance, and that's all it takes for my cheeks to instantly go red. Of course Mickey made me wear this dress, red is Josh's favorite color.

"Hey." he replies to Mickey, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Emma! Emma it's Peeta!" Lily says tugging on my hand.

"Yes Lily, it is." I say playing along. She pulls me towards Josh and I can't help but stare at him. Luckily, he doesn't notice my infatuation with his face.

"Peeta!" Lily let's go of my hand and runs off to hug Josh's leg.

"Lily!"

"It's alright." he smiles.

"Hi Lily, how are you?" he bends down so he's at her height level.

"I'm great did you bake some bread?" she asks.

I smile at her innocence.

"No, actually," he frowns,"but I did make some apple pie." he says in a dramatic voice which makes me laugh.

"You are so pretty Peeta." she says touching his jaw.

"Okay Lily I think that's enough. " I laugh.

"Fine I'm gonna find mommy!" she skips off leaving Josh and I alone. Where did everyone go?

"You look beautiful Emma." he says nervously. Why is he nervous? Why am I so nervous? My hands are sweating so much and I can barely calm my breathing.

"Thank you. So do you. I mean handsome not beautiful." I play with my hands, trying to avoid all possible eye contact.

"Thanks. We should probably get to your family."

"Wait Josh. Why are you here? Wow that sounds rude, I don't mean it like that I just mean.."

"Emma! Josh! We're waiting on you!" Eli screams from the other room.

"Let's go." he smiles gesturing for me to lead the way.

Something about guys with kids is always attractive. But seeing Josh talking so gently go Lily makes it tens time more attractive. It's really hot. He's really hot. I silently walk to the dining room where I see a full course meal. Wow. Everything looks so delicious. It must have taken hours to make.

Wait a minute. Hours. It's so obvious now! That's why Mickey straightened my hair. To distract me. And thats why Josh was talking to Eli? Was everyone in on this? Their reaction to him showing up proves my theory. The dining table was full with the exception of two seats for Josh and I. And they're directly across from each other. I take a seat next to Mickey and Josh sits next to Eli.

"It's so nice to finally meet you Josh!" my mom breaks the silence.

"The pleasure is mine." he gives off one of his charming smiles that I've always admired after all these years.

The meal my mom prepared is one of her signature dishes. Spaghetti and garlic bread with a side of steaming vegetables. I love it but at the same time I wish she would have made something less messy. I take a look at Eli and he seems to be staring at Mickey. I don't blame him, that dress was made for her. Everyone at the table is dressed to a tea. Even Lily, in her cute little yellow dress that reminds me of Katniss' when she was being interviewed by Caesar after The Hunger Games.