Chapter 43

Emma's POV.

"Mickey! Emma! It's so nice to finally meet you two!" Michelle, Josh and Connor's mom, rushes over to us and gives us a hug.

"It's nice to meet you too." I smile in return as she squeezes me tightly.

Their dad gives us a firm but gentle handshake. Connor looks so much like him.

"So what brings you girls here today?" Michelle asks. She makes her way back to her husband and they instantly loop arms. They are so cute.

"Just visiting our friends." Mickey replies.

"Would you guys care to join us for dinner?" their dad asks.

"Oh we wouldn't want to intrude!" I begin.

"You wouldn't at all be intruding! We would love to get to know you two." Michelle says happily.

Why are they so nice and perfect?

"Dinner will be ready soon. Make yourself at home!"

Josh's POV.

Why did my parents have to come home right this second? This is just adding more pressure on me. My mom keeps making faces at me and mouthing the words "She's pretty."

All I know is that I have to apologize to Emma. And I guess I should do it before dinner.

"Emma?"

She turns around at the sound of my voice. Her eyes linger on me for a second before she turns away. She still looks mad.

I decide to take a more forward approach. I walk over to where she sits with Mickey and Connor by her side.

"Guys, do you mind if I can talk to Emma for a second? Alone." I ask.

Connor and Mickey both exchange questioning glances at Emma.

"Yeah sure!" Mickey says as they hurry away. Emma looks shocked that they left. I then take a seat next to her.

She crosses her arms.

Oh boy this isn't going to be easy.

"Hi. How are you?" I ask.

"Never been better." she says sarcastically.

"I'm sorry."

"You are? Well that suddenly makes everything all better doesn't it?"

"I broke up with her Emma. I'm so sorry if she ever made you feel unworthy or less beautiful than you are. Because, Emma you are perfect okay?"

"It's not only that." she tries to keep a straight face but a blush rises to her cheeks which makes me smile.

"What is it then?"

"That you completely went against me when I did nothing wrong. And the fact that you would ever consider dating someone like her."

"Dinner's ready!" Mom shouts.

"But-"

"You heard your mom, dinner's ready. And tell me this Josh? What would your parents say if they found out about her? Is she the type of girl you'd want them to meet?"

That question really hits me. What would they say if they knew?

Emma's POV.

"This is so delicious Mrs. Hutcherson!"

She made steak with mashed potatoes and the creamiest gravy.

"Thank you darling! And call me Michelle!"

"And you can call me Chris."

"Okay Michelle and Chris." I smile.

"So Emma. I heard that you're a fan of Josh's." Chris says.

"Yeah I guess you can say I'm a fan." I don't want to lie and tell them that I am in fact quite upset with their son right now. But I'm seriously on the verge of questioning whether I'm a fan or not now.

"She's like the biggest fan! She knows everything about him." Mickey says.

"Mickey! I swear I'm not a stalker." I laugh.

Michelle and Chris laugh as well. As much as I don't want to admit it, I'm still trying my best to make them like me. I don't know why. They just seem important.

"Oh! Connor so how did that date go? Are you and Em official or?" Michelle starts.

"No!" we in unison.

"We're just friends. Great friends." he says.

"Wait! So if you guys aren't going out then... Josh and Emma?"

"Mom we aren't." Josh says clearly embarrassed.

"So you're just friends too?" Chris asks.

"Yup." I gulp. I hate lying.

"Wait, how do you guys know about this?" I ask after a while.

"Connor and Josh talk about you quite a bit.."

"Okay I think thats enough." Josh says.

"No wait I want to hear more. Go on." I smile.

"They always talk about how nice and pretty you are! Oh! Let me show you some baby pictures! I have a bunch lying around somewhere. They were the cutest little things I don't know what happened.."

I start to laugh. I follow Michelle into the living room where she shuffles through some drawers until she finally pulls out a scrapbook.

"Here have a seat." we settle down on one of the sofas.

"This was when Josh and Connor used to take baths with each other! Sometimes I wish we could go back in time for just a day, when everything was simple." she flips pages stopping to show me her favorite pictures. They were the cutest little kids. I bet that they would have never guessed that Josh would become a huge movie star.

"Emma, darling. I want to thank you for what you did for my son, when his car broke down and you let him into your home."

"It was my pleasure. It's not every day an actor appears at your door step. Anyone would have done the same thing." I say.

"You are such a lovely girl. Are you sure you don't have any feelings for Josh?" she randomly asks.

Do I? I'm not at all sure right now.

"It's.. complicated. I know that I'll always feel something for him because he was my idol for practically all my life." I reply honestly.

"Was?"

"It's sort of a long story. Anyways, why do you ask?"

"You see, that night I picked Josh up from your house, I saw you kiss his cheek. And when he was in the car, I could see him blushing. He looked really happy that night and I just thought..."

"Thought that we would see each other?" I ask.

"Yeah, I know it's foolish thinking but you seem so right for him. Emma what ever he did to upset you, I know he didn't mean it. He's a great guy I hope you know that." she says sincerely.

"I know." I sigh. That's why it's so hard staying mad at him.