Chapter 13

2 MONTHS LATER

Connor's POV.

It's been two months since I met Emma. I think of her every single day. We've been texting constantly, slowly getting to know each other. I know a lot about her now. She's afraid of the dark. She crinkles her nose when she's lying. Her favorite color is purple and she loves to read. And to be honest, I'm in love with her. I wish we could talk in person, face to face. But there's one problem with that.

She thinks I'm my brother, Josh Hutcherson.

If she knows who I really am, would it change things between us? Heck, I still don't even know if she likes me or not. I feel bad about lying to her but hopefully I don't have to keep up this act for much longer...

"Connor I'm heading off to the grocery store. Do you want to come?" Josh asks shaking me out of my trance.

"Sure I've got nothing better to do." I say quickly grabbing my phone before we leave.

Emma's POV.

"Oh my god he's hilarious!" I say in between breaths.

"Listen to this. What does a nosy pepper do? Get jalapeño business. Oh my god do you get it?! Jalapeño business like all up in your business oh my god help I can't breathe. He thinks his jokes are good it kills me!" I start rolling on the floor still laughing very hard.

"Oh gosh you guys are too much. Get married." Mickey says smiling down at me. Yes Mickey. I decided to forgive her when I knew I didn't want to lose her from my life. She's like my sister. We get into fights but I can't lose my best friend.

Josh and I have become very close. We haven't met up but we text constantly. I feel happier when I talk to him. You would think that I would be madly in love with him, which I thought I would be, but I'm not. I like him. A lot. But not quite in love. It's weird but I find him as a really close friend. He's always there when I need him, someone I can always depend on. I love him to death for that.

"Emma! Mickey! Can you girls come down her for a minute?" my mom yells causing me to regain my composue. Mickey helps me off of the floor while patting me on the head.

"Let's go Mickey!" I say grabbing her hand and racing downstairs.

"Woah girls calm down!" My mom yells as  Mickey and I all about trip over the last stairs. Thankfully, I regain my composure and pull us forward. "Can you do me a huge favor and run to the store? We're out of bacon and milk because of someone...." she says directing her voice towards Mickey.

"Hey, bacon is a gift from God I cant let it spoil in the fridge now can I?" she defends herself.

"I guess you're right." she says winking at Mickey.

"Yeah mom we'll be right back!" I head out the door with Mickey by my side.

"Okay. Movie night?" Mickey suggests.

"Yes! I've been dying to see a scary movie let's see if they have something good at red box."

My phone buzzes in my pocket which makes me jump.

"Are you sure you can handle a scary movie? You get scared so easily." she says pointing out the fact that the littlest things manage to freak me out.

"Whatever, I'll be fine." I scroll through my messages.

Josh: What are you up to?

Emma: Hey! I'm actually on my way to pick up a scary movie with Mickey. Wish you could watch it with me. I'm in desperate need of a cuddle buddy :\