Loyal

a few hours later

Jasmine POV

"You're doing good baby, I'm so proud of you" Joe encourages me as he kisses my hand "I love you so much"

"I love you too" I pant as I lay my head back down on the bed

It hadn't taken long to establish that I was in labour, about an hour after the doctor left the room my contractions increased and my water broke. True to his word Joe never left my side for moment, normally he would take control of taking care of me but this time he allowed the nurses to do there job so that he didn't have to leave me.

"Ok Jasmine one final push" The doctor instructs and gripping Joe's hand tightly I do as he asks, I hear my son cry but it's not very loud and the nurses take him to check him over.

Joe and I wait anxiously for some one to tell us that he is alright and finally a nurse comes over to us without him.

"They are taking him straight to neonatal" she says "he's alright he just needs a little help keeping warm, he'll need oxygen and a feeding tube for a few days but he will be just fine"

"Can I hold him?" I ask

"I'm sorry I'm afraid not" she says

"I'd like Joe to go with him would that be possible?" I ask determined that our boy will have one of us with him

"Yes of course, he can follow him down" she smiles

"Baby I promised I wouldn't leave you" he says stroking my hair

"It's alright baby" I say "Makoa needs you more than I do right now, please go with him"

"Alright but I'll be right back once I know he's alright and he's settled" he says kissing my head before leaving.

Joe POV

I follow the nurses out of the delivery suit and down to neonatal, the whole time we are walking I try to get a glimpse of my son but I don't see him until they place him in the incubator. He's small but absolutely perfect and he looks like his mother but with my dark hair.

I watch nervously as they insert the feeding tube and place the oxygen tube by his tiny nose, once they are done the close the incubator I take a seat beside it and they open a hole at the side me me to hold his hand, the second he grips my little finger I smile.

"First child?" a nurse asks

"No second" I smile keeping my gaze on my son

"Have they explained what everything is to you?" she asks

"I think so" I reply "I know about the oxygen and the feeding tube"

"Ok what he is laying on is a heated blanket, it will help him keep warm until his body can regulate it's own temperature" she explains "he's very healthy and a good weight so he should only need the help for a few days"

"Well little buddy looks like daddy picked the right name for you" I smile

"What's his name?" she asks sitting beside me

"Makoa, it's a samoan name it means fearless warrior" I say

"That is a beautiful name" she says "would I be right in thinking you're samoan yourself?"

"Yeah well half samoan, half Italian" I say "but his mother wanted our kids to have samoan names"

"So do you work out for fun or is it for your job?" she asks

"A bit of both" I say "I like working out but I am also a professional wrestler, so is his mother"

"you said you have another child" she says "boy or girl?"

"A girl" I say my smile getting bigger "Kalia, she is beautiful like her mother, she's my angel"

"listen I know this is a little forward but I get off shift in an hour, would you like to grab a coffee with me?" she asks and for the first time my gaze moves from my son to her.

"Are you serious right now?" I ask "My son is lying in an incubator with tubes in him and my fiancée is in another room recovering from giving birth to him six weeks early and you are trying to make a move on me?"

"I'm sorry you don't have a ring on your finger so I assumed you were single" she says

"I may not have a ring on my finger but I am by no means single" I say "his mother is my everything and she owns my heart, she is the only woman for me and I am completely loyal to her"

"I'm sorry I really am" she says "your fiancée is a very lucky woman"

"No I'm the lucky one" I say returning my gaze to my son "I'm lucky to have a woman like her love me the way she does, that she gave me another chance after I fucked up, that she has given me two beautiful children, I'm the one whose lucky and I would never do anything to jeopardise that"   

"Listen I'm going to go" she says "I really am sorry, I never should have assumed and I know my timing was terrible"

"You can say that again" I say "and I'd appreciate it if you could get another nurse to take over"

"sure" she says before leaving the room

Looking down at my son my anger soon fades, I'd be lying if I said that it didn't hurt that I couldn't hold my son, right now I felt useless, when Kalia was born I was able to dress her, feed her, change her and I can't do that for Makoa all I can do is sit with him and let him hold my finger.