GHOST BC x Birthdays

Ask: How do you think each of the Papas, Copia and ghouls celebrate their birthday??- Do they like to throw huge parties, keep it low-key, or forget it altogether :p

Answer: 

around a year ago I came up with astrologically significant birthdays for everyone and i put them in my calendar but every time one passed i didn't have enough time to prep or post about it throughout the day like i wanted to (if you remember we did this for aether and it ended up being this actual real life birthday (which we didn't plan i'm just a mystical god and the stars work in my favor)). so here's that, and ill tell you all the birthdays we planned for them and everything we had prepared.

Papa I: (Dec 24th - Capricorn) This old man doesn't care about his birthday one bit. He was always one for tradition but not much for the center of attention. He only allows people to celebrate in the form of a quite drink in front of the fire after an entirely unrelated special dinner, and he's far too old and "too busy" for a party these days

Papa II: (Feb 11th - Aquarius) He goes all out every year, and though he usually isn't home for his birthday, everyone at the church turns tf up. It's a few people's favorite birthday to celebrate because they know he'll be in a good mood and the party will be a lascivious free for all for three days. He rests and recovers from the bender at home on the flight to vegas to get the real party started with all his friends.

Papa III: (Oct 20th - Libra) While his older brother's party happens at home, Papa III's birth-week means never going home. Every night they're out at a new fancy restaurant, at a hot new night club. He brings back at least three women to his hotel room every single night, and finishes the celebrations with a four day trip to Bali to relax in the sun for a while (or keep partying, no one really knows what he does alone out there)

Cardinal Copia: (May 30th - Pieces) He doesn't have the biggest party, and how could he when his predecessors take at least a week away each year, but his is the most wholesome family fun for everyone. They all get together and have a nice feast, drink nice wine, and talk about all he wants in this new big age of however old he really is (no one is very sure). They close out the evening in the parlor while everyone gives him his gifts - sweaters for his rats, rat food, rat accessories, socks.

So the ghouls have some separate birthday traditions to normal human and to paraphrase:

- Every year they give each other birthday punches for how many years they've been alive, but they've been alive too long so they just do how many years they've been on earth for. They argue about who gets to punch who every year

- They aren't allowed to have pinatas after The Incident

- the happy birthday song makes their ears bleed but the papas insist and out of nowhere throughout the day copia will pop up and start singing. they scatter.

Dew: (April 2nd - Aries) They tie him to the steeple of the church for the entire day. They used to gift him complete freedom but not anymore - not after the incident. He thinks the because his birthday is the day after april fools that whatever pranks he pulls will have no consequences because you can't get in trouble on your birthday. When he's tired out enough from struggling to get free for eighteen hours, the ghouls put him in nice clothes take him to the bar and let him loose once again on unsuspecting bystanders. Every year they get kicked out of a new club. Aether carves bars of soap into food shape and turns a blind eye - at least four people get him a lush gift card for the same reason. Rain lets him carry around his special rubber duckie all day.

Rain: (March 10th - Pieces) He treats his birthday similar to Copia, in the way that no one really goes crazy, it's just a night off from being overwhelmed. Aether will take him alone to the aquarium, or wherever he wants to go in town, maybe they'll drive all the way to the coast to see the ocean, and come home for a nice dinner of chicken nuggets on fine china and grape juice in wine glasses. He makes everyone eat the same thing.

Cirrus: (July 3rd - Cancer) Goes with Cirrus, Swiss, and Dew to a concert every year. Whoever is in town, or if her favorite band is playing a few towns away. They get all dressed up, drive out, get drunk and watch some live music, and usually don't come home til halfway through the next day. And are usually hungover for two days after that. It used to be just her and Cumulus, but she invited Swiss when they got together, and Dew still thinks they're a package deal. (But aren't they?) Everyone just gives her money for merch, drinks, or a new outfit for the show for her birthday.

Aether: (July 23rd - Leo) - His birthday gift is a day off from taking care of everyone else. They send him out for a spa day and a night at the nicest hotel they can find. He spends time in the hot tub, gets every single spa treatment on the menu, and orders himself the most expensive dinner from room service so he can properly enjoy whatever movie or show he never gets to watch at home. Everyone is under strict instructions not to call him unless you can see bone, and even then, take it up the Cardinal. (he still checks his phone every ten minutes to be sure, though.)

Cumulus: (Sept 17th - Virgo) She gets free reign over Copia's office. That's all she wants. She gets to go through every restricted paper and confidential file and read all of his notes. By the end of the day she knows every secret there is about the church. All the ghouls distract Copia for the day to buy last minute gifts so she can snoop without being interrupted. There's a drawers she never opens anymore, and she still hasn't been able to look Copia in the eyes since the first time she did. The rest of the night looks like an average birthday with a cake some candles and a few presents.

Swiss: (Nov 5th - Scorpio) Disappears every year under mysterious circumstances. No one actually knows what he does on his birthday but the night before he just disappears. Comes back on the 8th like nothing ever happened and tries to gaslight everyone into thinking he was just in his room the whole time. It took them years to even find out when his birthday was. Aether and Cirrus tried to install a tracker in his phone, shoes, and wallet a few days before one year but when they checked the gps each item was in a different corner of the world.

Mountain: (Nov 24th - Sagittarius) Has no clue its his birthday because he doesn't keep track of time it just happens around him. This makes him the perfect victim for a surprise party, and surprised he is when Dew wakes him up with a punch in the face. Mountain chases him all the way to the common room where they've set up streamers, balloons, and a table of his favorite snacks and drinks. Swiss gives him gardening tools every year, no matter how many times he says he doesn't actually garden, and no one else gives him more than a card because they know he doesn't care (and what are you supposed to give a guy who doesn't even want to own a pair of shoes.