Chapter 11: Crash

Chapter 11: Crash

BRANDON'S POV

Alex was cuddled up to me in bed until my phone rang. I sighed, kissed the top of her head and looked to see who it was.

"Yes Ethan?" I answered, annoyed.

"Brandon! You've gotta help me out!" He cried, voice dripping desperation.

"Woah, what's going on?" I asked, taking my arm from around Alex and sitting up.

"Lyrica. She had a bad dream and-and- she's mute again Brandon! I don't know what to do!" He cried again.

"Well, what was her dream about?"

"That one time when she got raped." I groaned.

"Well, I didn't even really know her when she was a mute so I can't help you! Why don't you tell Jayy?"

"She doesn't want her dad to know." I groaned again.

"Well then call Blade, is she okay with that?"

"Yeah... but I don't have her number."

"Doesn't Lyrica have it?" I asked, popping a chip into my mouth.

"Her phone's dead." I sighed. I put him on speaker and looked through my phone for Blade's number. I gave it to him and he thanked me, hanging up.

"What was that about?" Alex asked.

"Nothing, Lyrica just became a mute again because of a bad dream." I said, returning to my original postion. "Just don't worry about it." I said, pecking her lips.

 ***A Week Later***

I was stroking Alex's hair as she layed on my lap on the couch. We were calmly watching TV when the phone rang. I leaned over and grabbed it, looking to see who it was.

"Hello?" All I heard was sobs on the other end. "Dad?" I asked, getting concerned. Alex looked up at me with wide eyes. "Dad! Are you okay?"

"Brandon." He finnaly sighed. I slipped out from under Alex and walked outside.

"What is it?" I asked, sitting down.

"Brandon, there's been a terrible car accident. Lyrica, Gabe, Ethan and....and Blade were in it and seriously hurt." He choked on his sobs.

"Oh my god, PLEASE tell me you're kidding!"

"I'm sorry Brandon, I wish I was, I really wish I was. Look, Lyrica and Blade are in the worst shape. The doctors don't know how much longer they can hold on. Hurry over here but safely."

"Okay dad, be right there. I love you."

"I love you too Brandon." He said before hanging up. I set the phone down and brought my knees up to my chest. I silently sobbed into them before standing up, wiping my eyes and walking in. I grabbed my keys, causing Alex to look over at me.

"Cmon, get your shoes on, we gotta get to the hospital." I told her as I tied my shoes.

"What! Why?" She asked as she slipped on her sandals.

"I'll explain on the way, c'mon!" I said as I slid my cellphone into my back pocket. She followed me out the door and down the stairs. We climbed into my car and I sped to the hospital, tears pricking my eyes.

"Brandon, what's going on?" She asked, worried, placing her hand on my knee.

"Blade, Gabe, Ethan and Lyrica were in a really bad car accident and are now in critical condition. My sister and Lyrica are in the worst condition." I said, bitting my lip.