Chapter 41: Lost In The Stereo Sound

BRANDON'S POV

"Brandon?" My boss asked, walking in.

"Huh?" I asked, picking my head up off your desk.

"Biersack, what has been wrong with you lately? For the last week, you're coming in late and you're not the same person I hired. Even your patients have noticed and the parents are starting to complain."

"Look, I'm sorry. My wife makes me get up everytime our daughter cries and, I guess this lack of sleep is catching up to me. I'll try to work something out with my wife."

"Look, I know parenthood is tough, especially for your first child. How about I do this, you come in on Monday, Wednesday and Friday like you regularly would, but only come in on Tuesday and Thursday when you have appointments. You can continue to have Saturday and Sunday off."

"Wow! That sounds great! Thank you!"

"There's one catch, you start Monday."

"Sounds great, thank you so much sir."

"Not a problem Brandon, you're one of my best employees, I respect you." He smiled before walking out. I finished up my day and got home.

"Oh thank God your home Brandon. Camryn needs to be changed." She said, placing Camryn in my arms.

"Okay Alex, but I really need to talk to you." I siad, bouncing her a bit to try to get her to stop crying.

"Okay, go change her first."

"Don't I do enough work at night? I'm exaused Alex."

"What? You don't think I'm exausted? Brandon, at least you get to get away for a bit. I have to deal with a crying baby all day."

"But I have an actual job!" Her jaw dropped and I sighed. "What the hell did I just say."

"You know what, fuck you Brandon!" Alex screamed, walking into the bedroom.

"Alex! Honey!" She slammed the door right in my face, causing Camryn to cry again. I sighed and looked down at my daughter. 

"Let's get you changed." I said, walking her into the nursery. I layed her on the changing table and changed her diaper, moving over to the rocking chair. "I love you so much Camryn." I said, kissing her forehead. She smiled up at me and began to make little gurgling noises.

"Brandon?" I looked up to see Alex standing in the doorway.

"Hey, she just smiled at me." I said, letting Camryn wrap her tiny fingers around my index finger.

"Really?" I nodded, looking back down at my daughter. "How about we put her down for a nap so we can talk. You said you needed to tell me something?" I nodded and handed Camryn over to her. "I'll meet you in the living room." She said, pecking my lips and going back into our room. I got up and walked out to the living room, sitting down on the couch. Alex walked out and sat next to me.

"First of all, I want to say that I'm sorry for what I said." I said, placing my hand on hers.

"It's fine, I just feel like you don't think being a mom is a real job."

"It is honey, and it's very hard." I said, hugging her. "But my job is hard too, especially when you're exausted."

"I know babe." She said, kissing my jaw bone.

"While we're talking about it, my boss came to talk to me today. He said that he and the parents have noticed that I've been tired lately. So, my boss said I should try to get some more sleep and he changed my work schedule a bit. I still get the weekends off and I still have to go in on Monday, Wedensday and Friday, but I only have to go in on Tuesday and Thursday when I have appointments. I start on Monday so, I was thinking since today is Friday, I would go over to my parent's on Sunday night to get some rest and like, your mom can come over to help  you out or something cause I really need my slep Alex."