Chapter 12: Blowing Up, I'll Take You Down

BRANDON'S POV

I walked into the waiting room the next morning and my mom motioned for me to come over to her.

"Go on over to Gabe and Ethan's room." She simply said. I shrugged and walked back down the long white hallway until I got to their room. I pushed open the door and peeked in.

"Brandon?" I heard a voice. I walked in further to see Gabe's parents peeking out from behind the curtain. They motioned for me to come over to them and I did. I walked around the curtain to see Gabe, awake and smiling.

"Hey." I heard Gabe croak. I smiled and walked over to him.

"Hey dude." I said, sitting next to him and grabbing his hand. His parents left and it was just Gabe and I.

"What the hell happend?" He asked, rubbing his head. I just sighed.

"Well, you were involved in a car accident. You, Ethan, Lyrica and....Blade were in the car." His body jerked.

"Oh god, please tell me Blade's okay." I bit my lip and looked down at the ground, holding back my tears. "Brandon." He reached out to my wrist and gripped it.

"Her and Lyrica are in the most criticial condition." I said, bitting my lip even harder.

"Oh my god." I heard him murmer.

"So far, you're the first one who's woken up and in the best condition." He looked down at his body then back up at me.

"Best?" I nodded. "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god." He said, covering his face with his hands.

"Gabe, it's going to be just fine."

"Can you tell me exactly what happend?" I agreed and told him everything from beginning to end. "Oh my god." He said again once I finished.

"Just calm down. Have the doctors come to check on you yet?" He nodded as tears rolled down his cheeks. "Do you want me to ask the nurse if you can go see Blade?" He nodded. I pressed the nurse button and a woman came running in. I asked her and she agreed, getting him into a wheelchair. I pushed him down the hall in silence until we reached Blade's door. "Ready?" He nodded. I slowly opened the door and pushed him in. I heard him gasp as we got closer to Blade's bedside. "I'll leave you two alone." I said, leaving the room. I knocked on the door five minutes later and Gabe told me it was okay. I walked in and he looked at me, his eyes were red and puffy. "Ready to go back?" I asked him and he nodded. I pushed him out of the room and we walked back up the hall,silently again. A nurse came in and helped him back into bed.

"She looked so horrible Brandon." He sobbed once the nurse left.

"I know." I said, rubbing his shoulder. "I'm going to go get my parents because they wanted to see you once you woke up." He nodded and I left. I told my parents to go back there and they did. I just sat down in the waiting room and threw my head into my hands. I heard the waiting room sliding doors open and close a couple times, but I just ignored them. I dug my hands deeper into my eyes, trying to stop the tears. I jumped when a hand touched my back. I looked up and saw Alex. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her, sobbing into her shoulder. She just continued to rub my back, whispering soothing words into my ear.

"BRANDON!" I heard Bailey yell. I looked up to see her at the waiting room doors that lead to the halls. "ETHAN!" She yelled. I broke free of Alex's grasp and ran after her. I ran back to the room I was just in and saw Ethan, eyes open but a blank expression on his face.