Chapter 29: Good News

BRANDON'S POV

A week later, I had yet another job interview. I was desperate to find a job and start making money again. I drove over to the practice and walked in, Ben, the guy I was meeting, finding me as soon as I walked in.

"Okay Brandon, describe yourself for me."

"Well, I'm a music lover, always have been, always will be. My family's really into the music industry, my dad's in a popular band and my little sister's beginning her band. I was born and raised in Los Angeles but lived in New York for four years to attend Juliard. I had a great home life but a horrible school life, constantly bullied and picked on for the way I looked and even fell into depression and self-harm but now I'm over all that. As of now I have a beautiful wife of three months." I ended with a smile.

He asked me a couple more questions before putting down his clipboard and smiling. He stood and extended his hand out to me.

"Welcome Brandon." My jaw dropped.

"Y-You mean I got the job?" He nodded and I smiled, shaking his hand. "Oh thank you, thank you so much." I said. He gave me all the information I needed before I ran out to my car and hurried home. I burst through the door and picked Alex up, spinning her around and passionatley kissing her.

"I got the job." I said, happily, continuing to hold her.

"That's great Brandon!" She exclaimed, kissing me for a couple seconds.

"I'm feeling lucky, let's make a baby." I smiled, not believing the words coming out of my mouth.

"R-Really?" I nodded and she smiled. She gripped my face and roughly kissed me, tangling her hands in my hair.

***

I had a great first week and even had some patients come in. It was great until I was called into Ben's office.

"Brandon, we've had some complaints from the parents."

"Complaints?" He nodded.

"The parents noticed that you have tattoos on your wrists." I pulled back my sleeves, revealing the two tattoo's on my wrist. "Ahhh, can you see why the parents would be concerned about your tattoo's Brandon?" I sighed.

"Look, these are more than just a bleeding puzzle piece and an infinity sign."

"I understand, but the parent's don't. You are working with kids who are dealing with self-harm Brandon, a bleeding puzzle piece just doesn't look good in that case."

"Okay, what are you saying?"

"We're going to have to let you go Brandon."

"Y-You mean, I-I'm fired?" He nodded. 

"Please go clean out your office."

"Fine." I huffed, walking away and back to my office. I packed everything up in a box and stormed out, tossing the box into the backseat. I drove home and stormed into the apartment, sitting down on the couch.

"Brandon?" Alex asked, emerging from the hallway. "You're home early."

"I got fired." I said with a snarl.

"Awww, baby."

"Because parent's complained about my fucking tattoos."

"It's okay, I love your tattoos." She said with a smile, picking up both of my wrists and kissing each tattoo.