Chapter 89

Chapter 89

ANNABELLE'S POV

"Annabelle!" My dad called. I walked out of my room and stood at the top of the stairs.

"Yes?"

"Are you ready to go?" He asked, picking up his keys.

"In a minute." I said, running back to my room. I took one final look at myself in the mirror before grabbing my purse and heading down the stairs. I got into the car with my parents and tapped my foot nervously, hoping tonight would go well. 

My parents and Hunter's mom wanted to meet each other so we were all going out to dinner. We arrived at the restraunt and got out, trying to scan the small parking lot to see if Hunter was here yet. I pulled my dress down a bit as I walked up to the door.

"Reservation for Ferguson." The hostess found our name and led us to a table, set for five. We sat down so my dad was at the end, my mom sat next to me and too empty seats across from us. I pulled my phone out of my purse and texted Hunter.

Annabelle- R u almost here?

Hunter<3- Yeah, we're pullin n2 the parkin lot rite now

I put my phone away ans stared at the door, waiting for it to open.

"Annabelle!" My dad exclaimed as my mom gave me a little shove.

"Huh, what?" I asked, shaking my head.

"Honey, are you nervous?" My mom asked, placing her hand on my thigh.

"No, I'm fine." Truth is, Im terrified.

"Anna, honey, everything's going to be fine." My dad tried.

"I just dont want dad to blow up." He sighed and looked down at the table before looking back up at me.

"I'll try. If I start to, nudge your mom and she can get me to stop." I nodded.

"Is anything else bothering you?"

"What if his mom thinks we're all snooty. I mean, we're not rich but we have a good amount of money and they dont have a lot. I mean, look at this damn restraunt!"

"Honey, it's just a restraunt, stop sweating the little things." I nodded and took a deep breath, letting my heart beat relax. I looked up and saw Hunter and his mom walking toward us, my heart racing again.

"Hey Anna." He smiled as I stood up. He hugged me and kissed my lips before sitting down across from me.

"Hi, I'm Lisa." Hunter's mom smiled, extending her hand to my dad.

"Jeremy." He smiled.

"And I'm Sammi." My mom smiled, shaking Hunter's mom's hand.

"Nice to meet you both." She said before sitting down.

"Hey Jin-" Hunter was cut off by my dad's glare. "Jer-Mr.Ferguson?" My dad smiled and nodded. He's always been harsh with Hunter since he got me pregnant.

"Hey Sammi." He smiled and my mom smiled back.

"Nice to see you again Hunter."

"Hi Ms. Brooks." I said quietly.

"Hello Annabelle." We ordered our drinks and it was silent as we all figured out what he wanted to eat.

"It's amazing that we've never met, especially with all that the kids have gone through. They've been together since what, sophmore year?" My mom asked and Hunter and I nodded. "I'm sure Hunter told you about what happened last summer?"

"Yes, and I have to say that the kids handled it very maturely."

"MA-" My dad started to yell but my mom kicked him to keep him quiet. She glared at him for a second and then smiled again. This is going to be a very long dinner.

Finally, we all finished our food and decided to go home. I hugged Hunter's mom and then Hunter.

"I love you." He whispered in my ear.

"I love you too." I said, looking up at him and kissing his lips. He said goodbye to my parents and we left. I got into the car and crossed my arms over my chest, staring out the window.

"See honey, it went fine." My mom smiled, looking back at me.

"Yeah, because you held the fucking tiger back." I growled. "You always have to put your two cents in, dont you dad?"

"What do you mean?" My dad asked.

"When his mom said we handled the pregnancy maturely, you tried to argue with her!"

"Well I'm sorry, but the mature thing to do would be to not have sex at all! You guys didnt even use protection! I wouldnt be as mad if you had at least used protection."

"Well I'm sorry dad! What do you expect Hunter to do, carry condoms around in his pocket?"

"The thing was, it was his house! There should of been condoms somewhere!"

"At least we didnt fuck on your bed like Victoria!" I exclaimed, storming into the house.

"Dont fucking remind me of that and stop bringing up Victoria in every fight! Now go to your room." I screamed as loud as I could and slammed my door. I stripped out of my dress and pulled on an old BVB shirt and shorts. I layed down in my bed and stared up at the ceiling, letting the tears roll down my face.

"Annabelle." My dad said, knocking an hour later.

"Come in." I said, turning so my back was facing him. I heard his footsteps on the wood floor and felt my bed sink as he sat next to me.

"Im sorry for the way I acted tonight." I didnt answer him. "I know this dinner was really important to you and I kind of blew it. But I dont think his mom hates us." He reached out and started to rub my back.

"Im really sorry." He said. "Please look at me." I sighed and turned, looking up at him. "There's the pretty face I know and love." He said with a smile, wiping away a few of my tears.

"Why do you hate Hunter so much?" I asked.

"I dont hate Hunter."

"Dad, your deameanor towards him has totally changed."

"You know I wasn't really happy when you first told me about him. It was just icing on the cake when you told me he got you pregnant. Honestly Anna, I don't want to see you grow up, I dont want to let you go. Things like getting a boyfriend means growing up, it means letting go." He said with a soft smile.

"Try to put yourself in my shoes. My 16 year old daughter tells me shes pregnant and her boyfriend of a year is the father. It wouldve been a lot different if you were out of high school. You have to try to see where I'm coming from with this."

"I guess." I shrugged.

"Anna, Im going to be the biggest baby at your graduation and when you move out. I dont want to let you go. Ive dedicated my whole life to protecting you, teaching you, you're all I had for the last 17 years. You're my only daughter Annabelle, my only child and I will always love you. No matter what happens after you move out, know that I will always love you. No matter how much we fight, my love for you will never go away." He said with a smile, kissing my forehead.

"I love you daddy."

"I love you too darling." He said, standing up. "Get some sleep, okay?"

"Okay." I said, closing my eyes.