Chapter 69: Carnival

BRANDON'S POV

I walked into the carnival, Ethan, Hunter and Annabelle trailing behind me. I had to drive Hunter and Anna and since I had to drive them, I thought I might as well bring Ethan so we can have some fun. The kids ran off while Ethan and I chose our first ride. It wasn't long before Ethan had to leave and I was left alone. I found a bench and sat down, messing around on my phone.

"BRANDON!" Hunter called, him and Annabelle running up to me.

"Yes?"

"Would you possibly be able to get us some cotton candy? We only need one." Hunter asked.

"Yeah, come on." I said, standing up.

"Where's Ethan?" Anna asked as we began walking.

"He had to go h-h-" I was cut off by a violent cough racking through my body. "Fuck." I groaned, dropping to my knees.

"Brandon." Hunter said, placing his hand on my back. I motioned for him to come closer and he did.

"G-Get my ph-phone out of my p-pocket and c-call 911 t-then Alex." I said between coughs.

"What's going on?" Anna asked, alarmed.

"A-Asthma, hurry!" I exclaimed, laying down on the ground. I patted my pockets and realized I had left my inhaler in the car. No one would be able to get to it in time. Hunter grabbed my phone and began to call 911.

"Anna, get water, hurry." I heard Hunter say. They were right next to me but sounded so far away. She ran off and came back with a glass of water. I downed it and threw the cup, groaning.

"Fuuuuck."

"MOVEMOVEMOVEMOVE!" I heard a bit later and saw a couple men surround me, my vision getting blurry. They placed a mask over my face, sending oxygen through my body. They got me onto a stretcher and I passed out shortly after.

I woke up in the hospital and felt something gripping my hand. I looked down and saw Alex gripping my hand. I groaned, causing Alex to look up at me.

"Brandon!" She squealed, tightly hugging me.

"W-Where's Hunter and Anna?" I asked, removing the mask.

"They're in the waiting room with Camryn." She said, wiping away a tear.

"C-Can I see them?"

"Let me have the doctor check you out first." She said, kissing my lips and pressing the nurse button.

"I don't know why you freak out so much about this, you know it happens all the time."

"I know, just, whenever I hear or see it, I get worried that you're not going to come out of it, that you're lungs are going to collapse or something."

"Alex, I'm fine. I just forgot my inhaler in the car." The nurse knocked on the door and walked in, coming over to me. She did a few tests before calling the doctor in.

"Well Brandon, we should be able to release you by tomorrow morning. It was just an asthma attack."

"Thanks." I smiled, gripping Alex's hand. He smiled and left, leaving Alex and I alone. "Can you go get Hunter and Annabelle?" She nodded, kissing my lips and leaving the room. I pulled my oxygen mask back on and closed my eyes.

"Brandon?" I opened my eyes to see Hunter and Annabelle walking in.

"Hi." I said with a smile, taking my mask off and sitting up. "Sorry about all that." I chuckled.

"No Brandon, it's fine. As long as you're okay." Hunter said, sitting next to me.

"I'm fine Hunter, it was just a little asthma attack, I left my inhaler in the car, no big deal."

"I could've gotten it for you." Annabelle said.

"No, you would've never gotten to the car in time. By the time you got back, I would've been passed out. Guys, relax, it happens all the time. This is like my third one, you guys did everything you could. You listened to me and that's what you were supposed to do."

"Well, I'm just glad you're okay." Hunter said with a smile.

"Oh yeah, the rest of your family is in the waiting room." Annabelle said.

"Oh boy, can you send them in?"

"Sure." Hunter smiled, grabbing Anna's hand and walking out of the room. I put my mask back on and waited for my family to walk in. I figured the more oxygen I get filtered into my body, the faster I get out. My family walked in and Blade jumped up onto my bed, hugging me tightly.

"Oh Brandon." She cried.

"Blade, you should be used to this by now."

"I just always get so scared."

"I'm just fine Blade, it was just a little asthma attack."

"Little asthma attack? How can you say that so calmly?" My mom asked.

"Oh my God, you know this happens all the time, why are you making such a big deal about it?"

"Brandon, what if one time a little asthma attack actually kills you!" My mom exclaimed.

"I just left my inhaler in the car, I'll start carrying it with me from now on!"

"What if you had died today Brandon?" Blade asked.

"But I didn't, did I?"

"I wouldn't be able to deal with that Brandon." She sobbed into my chest.

"Look, I didn't call you guys in so you could fucking bitch at me. If you didn't notice, I'm sitting in a fucking hospital bed and don't need to be stressed out by my family yelling at me for a little mistake. Can you just send Alex in with Camryn?"

"Brandon I'm s-" Blade said but I cut her off.

"Save it, it's fine."

"Come on you guys." My dad said, wrapping his arm around my mom. Blade got off of me and followed everyone out of the room. Alex walked in soon after and handed Camryn to me.

"Hey there." I smiled, taking my mask off and wrapping Camryn in my arms.

"Dada." 

"Haha, hi Camryn." I said, kissing her temple. I looked up at Alex and chewed on my lip. "I feel so fucking bad now."

"Brandon, languge."

"I feel so freaking bad now."

"Why?"

"I kinda went off on my family. They were like scolding me and annoying me and ugh."

"I'm sure they understand honey, you've been through a lot today."

"I hope so."

"I'm just going to probably see if your parents can watch Camryn for the night so I can stay here with you."

"Sounds good." I smiled, leaning over to kiss her lips.

******************************************************************************************

Aww Brandon.

Should he start taking his attacks more seriously?

BVBKaylieNine gave me the idea

Listening to Let's Get It Started~ Black Eyed Peas

25 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER!