Home

That night Sky couldn't fall asleep.

She lay restless in her bed, tossing and turning in her sweaty sheets, unable to relax. Her encounter with Hawk earlier that night had left her hot and bothered, and she knew her own hands wouldn't bring her the release or satisfaction she craved for.

She needed him, needed his hands on her skin, needed his lips on her neck, needed to hear the sounds of wanting and wonder when he had her.

With a frustrated groan, she rolled to her side and took her phone from the nightstand - it was 1 am already and she was still awake.

She bit her lip, undecided - then opened the app and started typing.

Sky: can't sleep
u awake?

It took only a heartbeat for an answer to pop up on the screen.

Hawk: I'm awake
u okay?

The worry behind that question moved Sky's heart. He knew that sometimes she couldn't sleep, that some nights the terrors of her past came knocking on the door and stole her night's rest. Hell, even during this holiday Sky had woken up in the middle of a nightmare more than once, screaming and crying, watching Kat die again and again and again.

It wasn't something she had wanted Hawk to know about her, but now he did - and it had changed absolutely nothing between them. Yet another reminder for Sky that there was nothing she needed to keep secret from him.

He knew all her darkest secrets, and still, he wanted to be with her and if that wasn't true love, Sky didn't know what was.

Sky: I'm fine
Just thinking about you

Hawk: what about me? 😏

Sky: take a guess

Hawk: I hope it's something dirty

Sky: maybe 🙈
Wanna meet me in the downstairs bathroom in 5

She waited for an answer for a short while, her heart ticking fast in her throat, the restless, hot need billowing in her gut.

Hawk: on my way

His eager reply brought a grin to Sky's lips. She tossed the phone back to the nightstand, got up from the bed, and was already at the door when she realized with a shock that she was forgetting something important, and turned on her heels. A minute later she was rushing down the dark staircase, clutching a pack of condoms in her fingers.

The bathroom was behind the kitchen, at the other end of the house. As Sky approached, she could see the narrow stream of light entering the dark hallway from under the door, indicating that Hawk had been faster than her. Her bare feet were silent on the tiled floor, but still, she stopped before entering, turned to look over her shoulder to make sure no one had followed her - but the house was quiet and peaceful, their parents no doubt in deep sleep.

Sky laid her hand on the door handle, and took in a breath, suddenly nervous. It wasn't just because she feared they might be interrupted.

I said we should take it slow. What the heck am I doing?

It had been three weeks since the last time they'd had sex - and during those weeks they had been on a break, and gotten back together, Sky's heart had been broken and she had wanted to die - and they still hadn't really talked about it at all. Sky still hadn't gotten an answer on why Hawk had started that mall fight, and also... she still felt like he was keeping something from her. Like he wasn't telling her everything.