Chapter 7 - Birthday

When you feel completely worn out from all the vigorous training, you push yourself by carrying heavy objects to build strength in your arms.

Typically this is hauling fresh water from the stream to the house. Which the oldest son franticly attempts to help you with.

One day he got Kenji involved. "Tanjiro doesn't want you helping with the water anymore. It is too heavy."

Poor Kenji sighed before turning back to Tanjiro, "Y/N-San said, if you believe the water buckets are heavy then you should join her in working out."

Tanjiro huffs a slight laugh before speaking in Japanese while pointing at you. Eagerly you look from him to Kenji.

"Tanjiro said, he will join your work outs if you leave water fetching to him."

Art by unknown

Art by unknown

Narrowing your eyes at the handsome Kamado boy while speaking in English. Kenji cuts your sentence short.

"Young lady. If you want to say that to him you'll have to learn Japanese faster." Kenji's words surprise you but it makes you smile.

"Deal." You mutter in Japanese before going back to your regular lesson. Tanjiro's smile slightly tugs to the right. Pulling into a smirk before he walks away. Leaving your heart racing.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Tanjiro kept his promise to join your workouts.

The extra company is greatly appreciated. Having him around makes you push yourself harder. Friendly competition has you feeling breathless by the end of today's training.

Sweat covering both of your bodies. Eternally grateful for Nezuko hair styling skills. Before your workouts she braids your hair up keeping all the strands off your neck. Tucking a colorful ribbon in your hair.

It's both practical for the heat and makes you feel .. well ... pretty. Mentally making a promise to learn this in order to style her hair after she becomes a demon.

Tanjiro's words snap you out of your thoughts, "Why? Why push yourself this hard?" He is huffing for air while watching you carefully.

Giving a smile because your Japanese really is improving. "Demons."

He waves his hand at you dismissively, "No need to worry.-"

Before he can try to convince you they aren't real you take a step closer. Trying your best to be serious. He needs to understand the danger. "They are real!"

Tanjiro perks up at your change in mood as he listens closely. You do your best to pronounce everything clearly. "Demon took my family. Dangerous."

His hand rests on your shoulder as he nods his head. It's hard to tell if he believes you or is just agreeing. "I'm sorry. Okay... Another race then?"