Chapter 35 - Injured

Warnings: profanity/bad words, yandere, blood, violence and longer than normal chapter

Tanjiro Kamado POV

"You are in a good mood."

She looks over her shoulder to smile for me. Walking together up the mountain before sunrise.

"We are getting stronger every day! I am proud." She exlaimes then tilting her head she adds, "Also, I am lucky to be training with a cute fox."

A fox? Is she referring to him...

She thinks Sabito is cute?

"Oh really?.. How would you know. He wears a mask all the time." I say while watching her closely.

"I got a glimpse of his face the first day." She says smugly which makes me feel a strange emotion.

A moment passes and she notices my silence. While I consider if he is a true competitor for her heart.

"Not as cute as your face, Tanjiro-Kun."

Those gorgeous e/c eyes searching my face for a reaction. She wins. My face grows warm as I blush and feel a shiver race down my spine.

"You know, Sabito is the one who is lucky."

My words perk her interest as she tilts her head

"Why is that?"

Sucking in a breath breath before saying,
"Because he gets time alone with you."

I take a step closer and push a strand of hair away from her face, "I've miss having you all to myself. My favorite part of the day is at night. Getting to walk under the stars with you."

Her hand lightly touches mine as our fingers begin to intertwine. It is as alluring as it is familiar. The silence has my heart racing.

"I've also missed our time together. I-"

"Are you two going to keep us waiting all morning?" Hearing Sabito's voice makes me sigh. Y/N immediately pulls her hand away and begins walking towards them.