Chapter 84 - Rookie

Early Release! Have we all taken the Poet,
king or Solider test? I got solider 🤺

Warnings: hint at sexual content, anxious, romance, friendships, and profanity/bad words.

Your POV

Tanjiro kept his word: Joining Takashi as a firefighter. Spending a month training to prepare for his first real day. To fill your time you are volunteering at an local animal shelter.

Helping all the different kinds of animals that are rescued. Holding the cats and playing fetch with fluffy dogs has been a good distraction of the idea of your Fiancé running into burning buildings.

After working the two of you spend quality time training sword skills, working out at the gym, exploring the big city or simply enjoying each other.

Staying past your regular hours at the animal clinic. Needing the extra distraction because today Tanjiro has finally graduated to be an official fireman. Facing his first day in the felid with Takashi by his side.

Your heart has been racing all day. No amount of soft and adorable creatures can calm you.

Finally home and staring at your reflection in the mirror. Make-up highlighting your best features. You admire the modern day outfit clinging to just the right parts of your body.

Tonight you are going to meet the man Tanjiro has been spending his spare time with. As well as Takashi's wife. Enjoying a game night as couples, a double date, as a way to celebrate Tanjiro's first day of work.

I hope he is okay...

Any nervous feelings fade away when you hear the front door unlock. Running out of the bedroom to find your Fiancé covered in sweat and black soot. He gives a weak smile but you can see how worn out he is.

"Tanjiro-Kun?"

He holds his hand out stopping you from embracing him, "Wait, I will only get you dirty. I need to shower first."

As he lifts his sweat soaked shirt up

As he lifts his sweat soaked shirt up. Your gaze lowers to his exposed chest. The beads of sweat sliding over his muscles makes your breath catch.

Unable to stop the sexual desire building within you. Seeing him as a sweaty fireman is igniting a fantasy you didn't have before.

Tanjiro drops the sweat-soaked shirt to the ground as he begins to kick out of his boots not wanting to drag any mess through the apartment. Planning to strip naked here before going to shower. Your touch taking him by surprise.

Sliding your hand up his chest, then over his shoulder before tugging him closer. He goes to say something in protest but loses his train of thought feeling your lips moving against his.