Chapter 81 - Mundane

Warnings: sexual content mentions, early release, friendship, manga spoilers, adventures, wholesomeness, and romance. Reminder characters are over eighteen years old.

Your POV

This new mundane life together is filled with explaining the modern day world piece by piece. The first time you played a movie left him speechless. From the concept of a television to the actual movie. Japenese subtitles for him to read.

This time of resting allows both of your bodies to recover from the previous injuries from the multiple battles and time travel.

Days begin to pass quickly. Trying to follow Aunt Emma's instructions about laying low but the temptation to show him this new world is too good.

Rushing to explore the big city in new clothes while searching for any signs of the demon. Showing him countless new things.

His first ferry ride around the big city before trying several different food places to share the different cultures. His eyes are as big as a child waking up on Christmas morning.

Racing around the mall as you explore he is wearing a Tanjiro Kamado T-shirt which he finds both impressive and hilarious.

Answering Tanjiro's curious questions

Answering Tanjiro's curious questions. He begins to learn some simple English words but isn't ready to try to learn the language. His goal is  focused on returning home and what is the harm in enjoying himself in the process.

A playful competition while racing each other in go-karts. At first he had a hard time understanding the concept. Once he got it he easily won two rounds. Racing around the track.

Laughing as you cling to his arm while arriving at Central Park someone has music playing over a loud speaker. The romantic song filling the area. Everyone around is relaxing or enjoying a stroll.

Tanjiro is the first to notice the melody,
"This is the song you sang to me."

You smile hearing 'Dandelions' playing as the lyrics ring out, 'And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime'

When suddenly Tanjiro grabs your hand pulling you toward an open felid. Gasping you ask, "What are you doing?"

"Dance with me. Like you did that day."

Hesitating due to the audience of eyes peeking at the two of you. The feeling of judgement when finally a carelessness hits as you run into his arms. Surrendering yourself to him with a deep love and trust.

Swaying to the melody as his arms wrap around you. Twirling across the open grass, dancing together.

The music has your heart beating to the tune. A weightless feeling of pure joy. Nuzzling your face against his neck as you whisper an I love you.

The play-fullness fading away you both begin slow dancing together. Bodies moving against each other as he safely holds you. Feeling him caressing the smooth skin of your hand.