Chapter 20 - Beside You

Warnings: heartache

Giyuu has an emotionless expression as he explains how it's his duty to slay demons.

Meanwhile you protectively check on Nezuko. Setting her sleeping body beside Tanjiro. Finally you allow yourself a moment. Tears fall down your face as you gently place a hand against Tanjiro. Feeling his chest rising and falling with each breath.

"Nezuko protected Tanjiro! She must be starving for human blood, Right?!" Your voice rising in volume. Using his own anime thoughts against him. "She is different!"

Giyuu causally leans against a tree with his arms crossed as he slowly looks you over.

Art by unknown

"Yes. It is peculiar. Which is why I am allowing her to live."

Oh... I see why so many fans

have a crush on Giyuu Tomioka

He is more handsome in person

This cool and calm nature of his...

His voice grows deeper, "Though, if she ever harms a human. She will have to be slayed."

"She never will! So... What now?" Despite knowing the answer already.

"Travel to Sagiri Mountain." He goes on to explain how to get to there. "An old man will train him to be a demon slayer."

"Train us!"

Those sapphire blue eyes widen as he looks closer. "You wish to be a Demon Slayer?"

A fire deep within you growing as you loudly say. "I will grow strong enough to protect the ones I love." Looking up at him, "Thank you. For putting your faith in the three of us."

Without looking away from you Giyuu calmly says, "Your awake."

Your attention turns back to the Kamado siblings. Tanjiro quickly pulls Nezuko into his arms protectively. Not seeing you as he glares at Giyuu who speaks nonchalantly, "Get to mount Sagiri as soon as possible."

Giyuu goes on to simply say, "Look for an old man named Sakonji Urokodaki. Tell him Giyuu Tomioka sent you. Never allow her to be exposed to sunlight."

With those final words he practically disappears into thin air. His speed is too quick for our eyesight. Tanjiro's shoulders relax seeing the Demon Slayer leave.