Chapter 91 - Acceptance

Warnings: profanity/bad words, friendships, sexual tension, hard training, manga spoiler mixed with a new timeline.

Shinobu Kocho

Exhausted from being on my feet for hours during surgery. Letting out a long sigh as I look down at the endless notes I have wrote out. Seeing the letter from Tamayo resting on top of the papers. ~{Reminder: in chapter 51 y/n told Tamayo about the future to contact Shinobu.}~

The fate of the future...
Depends on us...

Lifting the note up as I stare at it, my heart rate begins to increase. It has been three months since I got the first letter from her. Saying that a person has traveled through time. Expressing the strong demand that we work together to create-

"Ahh! Why me?" I grit my teeth as I slam the note back on my desk. Feeling the weight of this burden. I have been working aimlessly day and night trying to follow the orders Tamayo has given but it is proving to be rather difficult.

Can I really do this?

The sense of failure begins to creep into my mind as I think of my dear comrade who has fallen in battle to an upper moon.

I am sorry Kyojuro...
I tried my best to save your Father...
Again I have failed.

Cursing as I throw everything off my desk in a fit of rage. My research papers flying through the air a tear rolls down my face as the anger gets the best of me.

The thought of what I have to do triggering my anxiety. My breath coming in short gasps as I struggle to calm myself when a warm hand slides over my collar bone then up my neck.

Goosebumps already rising on my skin as the familiar voice calmly orders me, "Breathe."

Taking a deep inhale as I lean my body back against Giyuu Tomioka. The warmth of him already silencing my fears.

"What has you this upset?"

The Future.

Instead of turning to him with my concerns I playfully tease him instead. Deflecting his compassion while protecting my inner feeling, "Tomioka-San, is this what you call flirting? Grabbing a girl's throat and asking why she is upset."

He remains completely calm which I envy.

"Please, I have told you to call me Giyuu when we are alone like this." His lips brush against my ear as tingling sensations spreads throughout my body.

His flirting ability is improving.

"Is that what you like?" I roll my hips against his pelvis as I smile over my shoulder. Very slowly pronouncing his name, "Giyuu."