Chapter 61 - Hinokami Kagura

Warnings: blood, fighting, longer chapter than normal, rage and fire.

Tanjiro Kamado POV

No... that attack should have killed him

I leap back and gently lay y/n down on the floor she is too weak to try and stop me

I leap back and gently lay y/n down on the floor she is too weak to try and stop me. I stand over top of her with my broken sword ready.

"Dance of the fire god..." she whimpers to me.

The other night she told me that
Water breathing is not my true power
That in battle I need to try using the sun dance

"Let me guess. You think if you get close enough to me. You will be able to cut my head off. Well here."

The demon walks forward until he is directly in front of me. Holding out his arms with a smug attitude, "Give it a shot!"

I try y/n's advice and fight using the moves from the dance but I am too close the enemy. He lands several more punches when finally what is left of my blade smashes into his neck. Except it won't cut through.

The blade won't slice...

"Didn't I tell you. You have no chance against me. Now. Stay away from my new wife and sister."

Then he uses all of his power to kick me with ridiculous strength. Sending my body hurtling through the air flying backwards several yards. My body bounces off the earth several times before rolling to a stop.

The sound of several bones breaking and the rush of pain has me vomiting up blood.

Nezuko begins thrashing against her trap. Doing anything to try and get free. Wanting to come to me. One of my lungs has deflated making my breathing uneven.

"You are too noisy." Rui lifts his arm and squeezes his hand close. Tightening the hold on Nezuko which makes more blood fall from her while she screams against her muzzle.

"No! Do not hurt her!!"

"As of today I am her elder brother."

Calm down.
Don't get emotional, if you do
You will play right into his hands

Nezuko reached her hand out towards me.