Chapter 127 - Together

Warnings: adorable moments, hints of sadness, calm before the storm, profanity, and sexual tension. Manga spoilers.

Tanjiro Kamado POV

Nora gives a secret signal towards y/n who then nods towards me. Inosuke blissfully unaware.

"Inosuke bath time." Nora maliciously says.

The wild man's shoulder rise towards his boar mask as he begins frantically looking around. He realizes all four of you have circled around him and are closing in.

"Come on buddy." I give a kind smile.

"Just a quick wash." My girl sweetly says.

"You smell so bad!" Zentisu rolls his eyes.

Y/N tries to reason with him, "Don't you want to smell nice for Aoi?"

"No! Stay back." Inosuke squeals as Nora tosses a water from a bucket onto him. Watching my friends laughing and being childish as they work together.

Senjuro's tiny giggle catches my attention a sound I haven't heard the boy make in weeks. I turn to see him smiling at the chaos. He is holding a towel to help dry Inosuke once they finish.

I playfully rub his hair, "I am glad you are here to help us."

He looks up at me with a gleam in his eyes, "He is a very silly guy. Does he really not bathe?"

 Does he really not bathe?"

"Inosuke is ... unique. No he typically avoids the hot springs. He rather swim in a river. Listen, Senjuro. I was talking with Y/N. We wanted to ask you something serious."

The boy tilts his head and waits. I wave to y/n who tosses soap to Zenitsu and runs over to us.

"Did you already ask him?"

I shake my head and take her hand. Allowing her to lead. Seeing her beam with joy as she look to the ten year old.

"Senjuro? We really love having you around. Would you... would you want to be apart of our family? We don't wish to replace the Rengoku name by any means but we would be honored to be your adoptive Parents. To help you-"

The boy throws himself against her in a hug. Cutting off the speech y/n has been preparing as he cries out, "Yes! A hundred times yes! Thank you."

I wrap my arms around both of them, "We will take care of you Senjuro. Promise to give you the best life possible. When we defeat the demons we wish to move back to my home mountain."

The three of us remain in this embrace laughing and crying happy tears. I glance up to the sky.

I promise I will take good care of him.