Chapter 76 - Focus

Warning: fighting, mention suicide, despair, tension and fire.

Tanjiro Kamado POV

"Intruding on one's soul is something I will not allow!" I scream out in anger as my hands shake against my sword ready to behead the monster. Y/N seems surprised by my rage as she watches me. "This trespassing of yours shall not continue!"

"Stay calm Tanjiro-Kun. Don't underestimate them." She whispers to me, worrying as I prepare my attack.

The demon notices my earrings and throws their hands up into the air, "What good fortune!! Like a moth to a flame. You have come right to me. Now I can receive my reward from Master."

Water Breathing - Tenth form: Constant flux!

A water dragon flowing from my blade as I race forward with all of my power ready to destroy him. Not wanting to underestimate the monster. Simultaneously they use blood demon art against me, "Go to sleep dear child."

My body stumbles backwards for the brief moment as I sliced my throat within the dream immediately waking myself again. The demon truly confused on how I could be awake again.

Meanwhile y/n uses this as a distraction to sneak around my body starlight sparkling from her blade as she uses an uppercut swing. Almost slicing his head off but they leap up into the air.

Not hesitating as I use another water attack behind her as we both work together to defeat him

Not hesitating as I use another water attack behind her as we both work together to defeat him. The demon looks truly frustrated as they send another wave of sleep for us.

Waking myself immediately when I see y/n's body staggering backwards as she almost slips from the roof of the train. I grab the edge of her haori tugging her towards me. Her beautiful eyes fluttering open as she wakes herself as well.

Together we turn our attention back to the demon. "Sleep now!" They shout and this time our recovery is faster than before. The hesitation to slice our own throats within the dream is gone.

Water and stars merging together as we battle the demon. The demon tries again and again to force us into slumber but everytime we awake within a second.

Taking our own lives within the dream countless times. In order to stay awake for this battle.