Chapter 9 - Thunderstorm

Tanjiro Kamado: POV

Tauntingly I shout out , "You said no rules!"

Grabbing her at the waist as I easily sling her up and over my shoulder. The last attack with the pillow felt personal. She wants to play rough then I'll show her.

Art by unknown

Art by unknown

My heart thumping against my chest as I look around frantically. Trying to decide my next plan of action when I see the rain splattering the window. Her scent is wild and carefree.

You want to act wild. Let's cool you off.

Rushing outside feeling the cold rain drops falling down upon us. A shiver already racing down my spine as I begin spinning in circles.

Her playful giggles only encouraging me to be more mischievous. I haven't felt this childish in years. 

Hearing her childlike squeals sends a tingling sensation throughout my body. I hardly hear Hanako shouting from the house to stop. I'm too consumed by this moment.

I laugh... Laughing so hard that my body feels light. Filling me to the brim with absolute joy. This feeling is unlike anything I've felt before. I can't compare it to the joy I have had in my life.

Y/N's laughter sounds heavenly to me. I can't recall ever feeling his way. My chest feels tight as my heart hammers away. The sensation becomes overwhelming.

Coming to a stop as I slide her off my shoulder. Feeling her body gliding against me until her feet reach the earth. Another round of squeals escape. Holding her waist tightly as my breath begins to come is harsh short strides.

"This doesn't mean you won the fight!" Her voice rings out with a playful tone. Enticing me closer. Watching her push wet strands from her face to fully display her stunning smile.

Our time together has been short but in this moment I only smell her pure happiness. Not a single scent of heartache. All the things that have been troubling her finally fading away. This is what I have been waiting for.

This feeling completely and utter consuming me. This burning desire. I want to kiss her. To see her this happy every day. I would do anything she asks if only I can be hers.

As she looks at me completely unaware of the power she holds. Her smile beaming with euphoria. Suddenly she notices something different within me and that smile fades.

Rainwater continuing to fall all around us. My soul sighs. My heart squeezes tight as I barely get the words out, "Smile again."