Chapter 28 - Nightmares

Warnings: mentioning blood, profanity/bad words, slight sexual tension

The sun is close to setting as the sky begins to change into vibrant colors. Urokodaki hands over a sharp sword, "Today begins your sword training."

Looking over the sword as he speaks. "This blade must stay close to you at all times. You will carry it up and down the mountain each day. No longer will you train with wooden swords."

"If you are to become Demon Slayers you will eventually get your own nichirin sword to destroy demons. Until then, practice with these."

Standing beside Tanjiro you are focusing on each word. Taking in the importance of this training.

After Urokodaki explains how to use the swords he makes each of you practice the water breathing forms again.

Peeking at Tanjiro and catching him already watching you. His ruby eyes look away as he blushes. The sword is incredibly heavy and hard to balance. Your arms are very sore by the end of training.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

As another week passes your muscles are finally improving. Rushing down the mountain faster than ever before.

Dodging all the traps when one accidentally set off. A sharp blade slicing across your face. Blood already dripping down your cheek. Immediately falling to the ground to avoid the other knives.

Fuck

Training with knives

He is trying to kill us!

Noticing that your teammate didn't notice and is still racing down the mountain. "Tanjiro-Kun!"

I have to warn him!

Adrenaline rushing through your veins as you face forward. Finding him after a few minutes. Except he is pulling a blade out of his upper chest.

Tanjiro grunts as he holds up the knife with blood across the blade. His shocked expression as he says, "Seriously?"

"This is the next phase of training." You say while walking to check his wound when a trap grabs your ankle pulling you into the sky.

" You say while walking to check his wound when a trap grabs your ankle pulling you into the sky

Hanging upside down as you let out a sigh.

"Tanjiro, I'm going to be honest with you. This isn't even the hard part of training... it going to get much worse."

"Then it is a good thing I have you." He says using his new sword to cut the rope and then catching you. Looking into his eyes while he says, "I don't think I could have made it this far without you."