Chapter 25 - Training Begins

Watching the world spin upside down as you dangle from a tree. The blood rushing to your head as Tanjiro shouts to you. "The knife!"

Reaching for the knife Urokodaki gave each of us. Almost dropping it. The worst abdominal workout is trying to curl against gravity to cut this rope.

After several attempts you finally slice the rope free from your foot. Quickly falling to the ground as you let out a scream.

Tanjiro breaking your landing as you crash into his arms. Both of you staying like this for a moment gasping from pain.

Art by unknown

Art by unknown

"I'm sorry. I promise I'll get better at smelling the traps." Tanjiro apologies as you climb off of his lap.

"No. This is my fault. You are not the only one who has to get stronger." Puffing up your cheeks from your own frustration. "We both need to keep doing our best!"

How the hell are we suppose to get stronger

The anime made this look easy

Two years passing in one episode.

Tanjiro's smile seems to ease your pain. "That's true. I feel brave with you here."

Turning your face away to hide your blush. "Good. Let's go!" Full of a new gust of energy and determination. Tanjiro takes off at a run with you chasing close behind him.

Barely two minutes pass before another trap is triggered and rocks come flying into both of you.

Again and again and again the two of you get free of a trap only to stumble into another. By the time the two of you make it down the mountain the sun is creeping closer to the horizon.

"SLOW! Maybe tomorrow you will be faster." Urokodaki scolds you both while handing over the wooden swords. He demonstrates the proper technique and correcting your stance.

"Yes, that is how you properly swing the sword! Now. Do five hundred strikes! I will graciously allow today's training to end early since you both wasted away the daylight."

How thoughtful ... Not

"Five hundred?!" Tanjiro sounds in shock but Urokodaki is already walking back home.