Chapter 53 - Solo

Warnings: solo mission, battle, friend or foe, longer chapter than normal, a original character, blood, and injured animal.

Traveling through the countryside for several hours when you recognize the sound of your crow.

"Caw! Caw~!" You hold out your arm. The amajestic bird lands on your forearm, "Y/N! Hurry! Northeast! Hurry! A comrade awaits!" 

 The amajestic bird lands on your forearm, "Y/N! Hurry! Northeast! Hurry! A comrade awaits!" 

"Thanks, Pretty Bird." Giving your them a reward for the message but the feeling of sadness washes over you. Only a moment before Tanjiro recieved an order to go southwest for a different mission.

I knew eventually

I would have a solo mission...

Tanjiro looks just as sad by this news. Quickly you begin giving him details about the drum demon but he intrupts you, "Do you want to switch missions? You already know how to defeat that demon."

"No!! It's your destiny. Besides the people you meet there are important."

I will miss out on meeting Inosuke...

I still have to apologize to Zentisu...

"You say that almost every mission." Tanjiro teases trying to lighten the mood. "Be safe please... as soon as we finish our missions we will find each other."

Tanjiro embraces you tightly as he takes a deep breath of your scent. Holding onto you for another moment before finally letting go.

You kiss him softly on the lips then smile, "I promise I'll be safe

You kiss him softly on the lips then smile, "I promise I'll be safe. I will hurry back to you."

As you begin to walk towards your first solo mission Tanjiro shouts out, "I love you, y/n-chan!"

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

The journey was lonely until a crow swoops down from the sky. Perching on your shoulder with a message tied to its ankle. Quickly you untie and read it: