Chapter 45 - Final night

Another Early Release 😉
Warnings: profanity/bad words, fever, aggression, blood, and fluff

FINAL NIGHT

Tanjiro Kamado POV

Tanjiro Kamado POV

Waking up with y/n sleeping in my arms is the best feeling. Softly resting my face against her forehead.

My eyes instantly widen feeling how hot her skin is. Quickly sitting up as I shake her in an attempt to wake her.

"Y/N-chan, you have a fever. Y/N-Chan..."

It's no use.

She won't wake up

This is bad.

The sun is already setting and soon the demons will begin their prowling. Softly setting her down in order to clear up our small camp before carefully pulling her limp body onto my back, giving a piggy back ride, and making sure I can still access my sword.

"Just sleep. I will keep you safe... please just be okay. We only have a few more hours to go."

Nervously I speak despite her being unconscious. Her head slumped against my shoulder as I grip her thighs. Walking slowly as I scan the area.

Only a few more hours...

Please don't die...

Please don't leave me...

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Battling against demons while carrying y/n is incredibly challenging. Morning is approaching at a painfully slow pace. That's when I feel her move and softly groan my name.

Gently setting her down and turning to check on her condition. Her eyebrows push together and slowly her eyes open. I pull her into my arms giving a hug before looking at her again.

Her fever is getting worse

"It's almost morning!! Please just keep fighting."

She goes to say something but grunts instead. I help her stand while pulling her arm over my shoulder.

Together we slowly walk towards the sunrise and into the wisteria fields. My arm still holding tightly to her waist. Keeping her from falling over the. The remaining survivors arrive and wait with us.